Cabinas Las Olas(Playa Avellanas)
$97
$83
$264
  • Pool
Vida Verde(Playa Avellanas)(Great Value!)
$60
$53
Las Avellanas Villas(Playa Avellanas)(Great Value!)
$54
$44
Hotel Surf Camp Mediterraneo(Playa Avellanas)(Great Value!)
$55
$52
ChanteMar(Playa Avellanas)(Great Value!)
$68
Casa Surf(Playa Avellanas)
Hotel Mauna Loa(Playa Avellanas)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsyoga retreatvisited elcosta ricaamazing chefhowler monkeysmorning and eveningnice amenitieshome away from homeother guestsbring earplugszip liningcome homedry seasonbeach towelshorseback ridinggrounds are beautifulnice pool
Reviewed November 17, 2016

If you want to unplug from the real world.....this is the place!

The property is beautiful, with an infinity pool that overlooks the mountains, an open air dining area and yoga studios, cabin accommodations that have their own front porch and rocking chairs, and howler monkeys that may wake you up at night, which adds to the charm of the place!

The owners, Kurt, Harold, Amit and Tasha are so welcoming and accommodating.....answering all questions, arranging tours, and making sure your every need is taken care of! Amit is a great yoga instructor too!

The food.....there are not enough words to describe how amazing the food is! Donald and Hazel outdid themselves day after day with the best food I have ever eaten. That is not an exaggeration!

I can't leave out Fernando! He was the driver extraordinaire, transferring us to and from the airport, driving us on tours, and short trips to and from town. He was always on time, with a smile on his face, and even gave us Spanish lessons!

I would highly recommend El Sabanero to anyone that wants to experience the true flavor of Costa Rica!

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled with friends
2  Thank kelleycs1
Harold S, Manager at El Sabanero Eco Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2016

Thank you very much for your review I hope we will get the chance to see you again.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 13, 2016 via mobile

I love this place, very peaceful/tranquil great place to stay if your visiting Costa Rica. The owners and staff ( Kurt, Harold, Ameet, Donald, Tosha, and more..) are very gracious and welcoming. The lodge has a beautiful pool, hammocks, yoga studios, hiking grounds, lots to do. You can also venture out, which the owners will help coordinate and arrange a driver (Fernando), zip lining, horseback riding, Tamirando, Beaches and more. Also, the lodge prepares delicious healthy meals thru out the day (breakfast, lunch and dinner). Ameet leads dail yoga classes in the evening, the experience is very relaxing ans serene.I highly recommend staying at the El Sabenero if you want to feel relaxed and experience the TLC feeling while in Costa Rica.

Stayed: November 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Thank you very much for this great review and for staying with us.

Reviewed November 13, 2016

Where do I start? From Donald + Hazel's amazing, delicious, and fresh food every lunch and dinner to Amit's perfectly crafted yoga classes to the most welcoming (and funny!) Kurt and Harold, this place is truly a slice of heaven. If you're looking to rest and recharge, this is the place. Everyone is so accommodating and willing to help you with whatever you may need!

Thank you, El Sabanero, for making my first retreat hosting experience the perfect one! I feel so blessed to know you all!

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank cschweet

Thank you very much I hope we see each other again.

Reviewed August 31, 2016

***REVIEW ABOUT A TRIP TRIBE YOGA RETREAT TRIP TO EL SABANERO***

WOW. Just WOW. Considering that A. this was my first yoga retreat and B. this was my first time traveling with Trip Tribe, I am entirely blown away and slightly addicted! I traveled with my boyfriend, who is NOT a yogi (bu really enjoyed the trip!!). We loved meeting new people and exploring with such a fun group of singles, friends, other couples and fellow travelers:

Details:

First of all, the coordination of flights and transportation was perfect. Everything went smoothly. Trip Tribe communicated everything we needed to know well ahead of our departure and Amy, the trip ambassador, supplemented with additional information as needed.

Once we arrived at our destination, I was pleased to see that our accommodations at El Sabanero were humble, yet comfortable and adequate (think: clean but simple), and that there were common comforts like hot water (with some patience), safes and wifi (slowish wifi). They even provided a few shampoos, bars of soap and beach towels, which was unexpected. The natural surroundings of El Sabanero were beautiful and it was such a treat to stay in such a lovely natural environment.

The general atmosphere at El Sabanero was amazing. The pool was lovely to swim in after our sweaty yoga sessions. The large meeting/eating space was tranquil and lovely. And the yoga spaces where we practiced were calm and peaceful. And the staff from all different parts of our trip -- from Harold to Hazel to Ana to Fernando to Donald, etc. -- were amazing, kind and welcoming. They made it really feel like home!

The food at El Sabanero was AMAZING. A-MA-ZING. The kitchen staff really knows what they are doing and totally spoiled us with fresh bread, homemade gourmet meals and amazing dishes all week long. Even some of the packed lunches (for when we weren't there during lunch) were good! A HUGE thumbs up and major reason why you should stay at El Sabanero! Also, it doesn't hurt that beer/wine/cocktails are crazy affordable and also delicious!

As for the yoga, Amy did her usual amazing thing. I've taken several classes of hers in DC, so I wasn't surprised to find that she taught similar wonderful classes in Costa Rica. Newbie or advanced, this girl's classes are a MUST-do! I particularly loved her Fusion Flow Yoga class (think martial arts meets HIIT meets yoga) and the nightly Nidra/Restorative classes. Major thumbs up for the quality of the classes, variety of classes and expertise of our instructor and trip ambassador!

Additionally, I went to several beach visits during my trip with the group, and loved them both! I event tried my hand at surfing which was a total blast. I would also recommend getting a massage from Ana, going on the adventure tour and heading on the Catamaran Sunset sail (erm, skip that if you are seasick!).

All in all, this was an amazing trip. Kudos!

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled with friends
4  Thank sandilia
Reviewed July 24, 2016

A week in paradise. Truly the most tranquil, welcoming and rejuvenating environments I've ever experienced. The owners, Amit, Tasha and Kurt, couldn't be more gracious and are always available and eager to help accommodate any needs you have.
The lodge itself is absolutely breathtaking, with a beautiful view of the Guanacaste mountains from the pool and deck, and two yoga studios, both semi-outdoors to remind you that you're not just practicing in a studio, you're practicing in Costa Rica. There are myriad opportunities to venture out of the lodge, which the staff will help your coordinate. Our group spent time in Tamarindo as well as zip lining and horseback riding through Guanacaste.
And to save the best for last, the cuisine at El Sabanero is the most mouth-wateringly delicious food I've ever had. Each meal was better than the last, from butternut squash and ginger soup to fish and yucca fajitas, every bite was absolute perfection.
if you're looking for a peaceful, charming retreat center with delectable dishes, look no further than the El Sabanero lodge.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled with friends