All reviews yoga retreat private cabin costa rica visited el this review is long overdue howler monkeys amazing chef nice amenities other guests house keeping solo trip zip lining beautiful pool bring earplugs hot water every morning come home
Reviewed May 17, 2016

Very nice place .... only dinner are served ... but good food !

Delicious breakfast !

The owner Kurt and his brother Harold are very nice people, and know a lot of things about the area around ...

German, Spanish ( of course ), English spoken ...

Room tip: They are all good ...
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank AYMERIC_14
Reviewed May 9, 2016

El Sabanero. Not just an ole Eco Lodge. Now re-shaping itself as a major Yoga training and certification destination just outside of Tamarindo and Playa Allvenas. It's my 4th year coming here....and for good reason. It now feels like home....but with a much better view and climate. The owner Kurt Reichenbacher has cultivated an easy going, relaxed, yet effieciently run mini paradise. Comfortable, cozy cabinas, a wonderful infinity pool with a stunning valley view, outstanding food. With the addition of Amit and Tasha as the head Yoga facilitators, El Sabanero is expanding and very quickly becoming a must be at destination when visiting the area. I look forward to coming back....perhaps sooner, rather than later, hanging out with Kurt, expanding my personal Yoga experiences, and thoroughly enjoying the massive mental, spiritual and emotional de-compression this place has to offer.

Room tip: My fav cabina is #10, it's a bit more private.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Simon F
Reviewed April 3, 2016

I stayed at El Sabanero for a week in March while offering a yoga retreat.
I'm going back in May offering a long weekend yoga retreat from the 25th to the 29th.
I loved the place, the food, the people.....The whole package.
The cabins were perfect, rustic and sweet with air conditioning and a hot water shower, great wifi connection and amazing breezes.
The grounds are manicured with beautiful tropical blooms and the pool is awesome.
The whole vibe at El Sabanero is warm and tranquil. Amit, Tasha, Harold, Kurt, Donald and Hazel, you all really make people feel at home. It's amazing! Can't wait to see you all again soon.
Contact El Sabanero if you're interested in holding or attending future retreats....they're great hosts!!!

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank ammayogaom
Reviewed April 2, 2016

Staying at El Sabanero Eco Lodge was an amazing experience. The grounds are beautiful and the atmosphere is very relaxed and peaceful. Although, I am not really into yoga, I never felt uncomfortable and I really enjoyed myself. The owners, Amit and Tasha, have such an incredible energy and I am truly thankful for the time I was able to spend with them and their children. It was easy feeling at home there. The food was DELICIOUS, fresh, and varying each day. I would highly recommend El Sabanero Eco Lodge to anyone. I feel blessed to have had this experience and can’t wait for my next visit!

1  Thank SoulSearchingGypsy
Reviewed March 12, 2016

Just came back from a wonderful yoga retreat. Amit & Tasha, were friendly & welcoming with there 2 children. The grounds are beautiful and cabins are cozy, the a/c worked well.
The views from the balcony were serene.They were very accommodating helping us with excursions & transportation.
Donald & Hazel the chefs, made us wonderful fresh meals. Just loved the homemade bread & ginger/tumeric tea!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends