$259
  • Pool
Cabinas Las Olas(Playa Avellanas)
$106
$82
Hotel Mauna Loa(Playa Avellanas)(Great Value!)
$70
Vida Verde(Playa Avellanas)(Great Value!)
$62
$60
Hotel Surf Camp Mediterraneo(Playa Avellanas)(Great Value!)
$66
$62
ChanteMar(Playa Avellanas)(Great Value!)
$68
Las Avellanas Villas(Playa Avellanas)(Great Value!)
Cafe Playa Negra(Playa Negra)(Great Value!)
$56
Priceline
All reviewsyoga retreatyoga trainingvisited elcosta ricaamazing chefhowler monkeysmorning and eveningnice amenitieshome away from homeother guestsbring earplugszip liningcome homedry seasonbeach towelshorseback ridinggrounds are beautiful
Reviewed January 18, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I went there in order to go to the beach!, the food is awesome, the room was really nice. The location is great, near of the best beaches of Guanacaste and really quiet. The staff is really nice and very helpful.

Stayed: January 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Francisco G
Reviewed January 13, 2016

So, I've been to El Sabanero multiple times and every time has been a little different. All of my stays have been great and affordable. This most recent visit, I had a big surprise as a member of the staff, Donald, had returned after being gone for a while. Donald is part of the heart and soul of El Sabanero. He has also stepped up his chef skills in a big way. I had some of the best meals I have had in Costa Rica, right there at the resort. The meals were not only of a very high quality, but very affordable compared to the prices in near by Tamarindo. This place keeps getting better with service, food, and amenities. They are also starting to upgrade the rooms and bathrooms as well. It is nice to see them continuing to reinvest in the facility to make it better and better.

The other recent addition was the Yoga Pavilion. They now have
BOTH indoor and outdoor facilities for Yoga, which I thought was very nice. If you are in the market for trying to organize a Yoga training or retreat of some sort, look no further than El Sabanero.

• Stayed: December 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark P
Reviewed January 12, 2016

We were booked into lodge 8 and it was perfect for our family of four, as we had requested extra beds for our kids, aged 12 and 17. The setting is very chill and relaxed, which was what we were looking for. Since both my wife and I travel the world as part of our business, usually staying at top end properties, when it came to this vacation we were looking for quality without fuss, and a true Costa Rican experience. El Sabanero delivered exactly that for us. A real highlight of our stay was having Chef Donaldo and his partner Hazel taking care of our meals. We ate most of our dinners there and all of the meals were excellent and thoughtfully prepared and using local quality products. Each day they discussed what we wanted to eat for dinner and then went out and sourced the product and created memorable meals both for my wife and I and for our kids. We experienced a great range of foods and they were all great. It was like having your own personal chefs. These two are wonderful people and became friends during our stay. I highly recommend staying at El Sabanero if you are looking for a personal experience, a relaxing experience, a non-fussy experience and a true Costa Rican experience. Super central and good roads. Beaches are all within 20-30 minutes. Congratulations to the owners and to Donaldo and Hazel. We will be back!

• Stayed: December 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank ZorroToronto
Reviewed January 9, 2016

I had such a great time at the El Sabanero Eco Lodge. All of the staff were great, the location was amazing, and the food was to die for!! We came for a 200 hour yoga teacher training, and it was an absolute perfect spot for it. My family was able to join me the last two weeks, and my wife and four year old daughter also had an amazing time! It's close enough to towns like Tamarindo, but far enough away that you don't get any of the chaos of town.

• Stayed: November 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2016

I stayed for a month for a 200 hour yoga teacher training, and it was an amazing time. The entire staff was amazing, the owner Kurt welcomed us like family, and it was a perfect venue for yoga and restoration.

There were howler monkeys, iguanas, and other wildlife that visited, a beautiful pool and deck area for reading and relaxing, and Tamarindo was a quick bus ride away when we felt like going to town.

Highly recommended, I will be going back again to recharge for sure!

• Stayed: November 2015, traveled with friends