All reviews eyes bar pay tax air con lovely holiday lots of shops lovely hotel plenty of sunbeds ouzo euro maids meters crete season maria
Selected filters
Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

Lovely and clean. Friendly hotel staff lovely self service bar excellent no annoying queues cleaning service excellent.Food as expected for all inclusive. Beach 200 meters away lovely surroundings lots of shops near by. Taxi to the main town 9 Euro would not recommend going to the market it’s really hot and very claustrophobia

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed May 15, 2018 via mobile

I just wanna say thank you for everyone spend the 7 nights in the hotel and is lovely the cleanliness the staff i so kind(Maria Linzi Stella the 16 year old guy behind the grill station but every single one) everyone work hard and made us the lots of memorable lovely moment.Just can i say Thank you Thank you Thank you .I can’t recommend enough how nice was the time i spend there!!! Is just the 3 stars hotel but the staff make you a 5 stars feel.

Date of stay: May 2018
5  Thank Lajos N
Reviewed May 9, 2018

Ok , after reading many bad reviews I turned up with my eyes wide open .
I found staff friendly ( remember you need to pay tax on arrival).
I think my room should of been a double family suite ( via teletext holidays )

This has nothing todo with the hotel .

Things todo including public bus into the city
Visit the shops , the marine ,the fortrezz
Food has to be Mr Gyros Awesome
Drinks on the beach front look for GOLD
Souvenir shop (out of hotel left 100 meters ) very helpful.

Right then the hotel :
All inclusive are ok if you like the same food and drink , the offerings had been nice and the waiting staff A plus .
The help yourself drink idea was good when I learnt the trick to pull a decent beer , wine various shorts , ice cream factory, snacks throughout the day .
Food was nice with a diverse variety (we chose to eat supper out to sample Crete food).

We had luck with weather everyday 28-32 degrees.

EYES across the road was taking on a refurb ( couldn’t visit )

Remember when you’re booking it’s a 3 Star ⭐️ , it doesn’t promise to be anything more .

My wife and I plus our 9 year old boy loved it .

Pool was clean ( some bubbles from a crack at the bottom of pool but it doesn’t effect it ) plenty of shade / loungers are plenty .

Couple of evenings spent on the balcony which was peaceful.

If you go abroad just remember you are exactly that , people speak good English throughout Crete But hotel has a big German presence ( we found a hallo ) went a long way .

I will offer in closing budget yourself 70 a day ish to go out and about and you should be ok , you can hire a car from 15 Euro a day .

Enjoy

Date of stay: May 2018
5  Thank russdite
Reviewed March 26, 2018 via mobile

Room - Rooms were dirty, unkept and very uncomfortable. As soon as we stepped into the room, we requested a new room as it was unacceptable. We soon discovered the other rooms were not much better. We complained and the reception sent a maid to clean the room again. Walls were stained, mould was growing around the shower and toilet and furniture was worn, tatty and broken!

Food - Food was very bad, uncovered and put out for long periods of time. Staff were not wearing gloves or hair nets whilst serving food. Unlimited drinks... beer and wine on tap which were both undrinkable and a selection of fruity drinks. Spirits were on offer in the evening, a plastic garden table was put out by the pool with around six 3litre bottles of different spirits. Unlabelled, somebody just wrote on them with a sharpie pen. After eating at the restaurant I became very unwell, when alerting reception on this the next day they were very disinterested which resulted in my partner going down the road to get me medication.

Pool -The pool was ok, surrounded by broken children’s toys. No problem getting a sun lounger as nobody was out there. It’s small and looks very run down outside. The pool water seemed clean but was cold when we dipped our feet in.

Staff - The staff were not helpful and were actually very rude.

Entertainment - What entertainment? There was a very small dated games room which you had to pay for along with the pool table. The only other entertainment was watching all of the drunken old people dancing around the plastic garden table in the evening.

It was so bad we spent very little time at the hotel opting to eat out every night and spend our days at the beach if we could. Not ideal costing us much more than we originally budgeted for our all inclusive break.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 350abbiem
Reviewed October 27, 2017

Recently returned from a stay at rethymno village hotel on Crete. Room was clean and tidy and cleaned by maid every day except Sundays. Wide selection of good food at all meals but choice of drinks was limited. Excellent beach about 2 minute walk away, but it depends on how rough the sea is as to weather swimming is allowed. Decent selection of local amenities (shops, bars, restaurants.) Good choice of trips & tours but can highly recommend trips on The little yellow train. Very enjoyable stay.

Date of stay: October 2017