All reviews out of season indoor pool and jacuzzi long pool room key convenient location mini market lots of shops doughnuts one bedroom apartment across the road pools units crete marem appliances sunbeds
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Stayed here in August for 1 week. Excellent location as a base to travel and see alot of Crete (by car). The room was clean and comfortable with a small kitchen area and a nice balcony. The resort itself was really nice with a choice of several pools, a library with books and various DVDS, an area for kids to play table tennis, a jacuzzi and small gym and squash court.
Safe location with a good choice of restaurants a short walk away. The local beach is walkabale, but Rethymno is only a short drive away.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kj1234
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Nice staff. Basic room. Mostly a cheap and dumpy area. Only stay here for a centralized location.

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank Northface17
Reviewed July 20, 2011

We booked through RCI. The tiny apartment was very disappointing. The furniture was falling apart. The bathroom was tiny. The TV and little sidetable were covered with dust. There was a safe in the room but you have to pay to use it! - the most ridiculous thing! There is not even a laundry facility in the hotel or nearby. I would definitely not recommend this place. There is no charm in this area, although the beach is only a short walk away. Try to find a hotel in the old town if possible where there are lots of nice restaurants and plenty of charm.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank travelbug6836
Reviewed June 30, 2011

We stayed here for a week in May, it was the start of the season so the weather wasn't brilliant however this hotel had everything so we never got bored. The hotel itself was extremely clean and livable, with a bedroom upstairs and kitchen / living room downstairs the apartment was nicely seperated and also had a spare toilet. Apart from the occasional cockroach that kept finding its way though the water systems (we believe) this place was amazing, I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lennon121
Reviewed January 7, 2010

I was very happy at this resort, even though I admittedly spent little time on the property. It was not incredibly luxurious, but very comfortable, and we were able to explore the entire island over the course of our week in Crete from this convenient central location. I had a nice massage at the spa, dipped in the pool and the jacuzzi, and enjoyed coffee and drinks at the bar. The staff was very helpful when I needed them. I liked the design of the rooms. It is great having a full kitchen--we brought wine, coffee and snacks back to our room. We also had two full baths which was very convenient. I can't address the cost/value because I was staying via a friend's timeshare week.

All in all, this is a great place if you are renting a car and want to visit many parts of Crete and get back by dark. I don't think it would be as much fun without a car, because there isn't much within walking distance save a handful of restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends