“gorgeous food”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Christchurch, New Zealand
“gorgeous food”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

staff were wonderful and the food was to die for. they showed us the kitchen and food before we ordered. It was a big choice and it was all very very nice. we over eat every time !!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank rogercudmore

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, California
“This is what Greek food should taste like !!!....truly delicious.”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

I've traveled in Greece for over 35 years and over 70 islands ..I've spent many if those years in Crete ..I always seems to go to the same tavernas,time and time again until friends invited me to a celebration the other evening of 20 people in is taverna..since then I've retuned the last couple of nights and can't think to eat anywhere else!!
A must is the Parmesan salad..the best salad I've ever eaten anywhere...the food is delicious,and a wonderful menu of all authentic Greek food but at it's very,very best!!!
The service also is excellent and at the end of your meal your not given the usual, water melon or cake,but a delicious freshly made desert ..
The food isn't expensive and they will also give you half portions if you ask ,as I did being on my own ..and I just wanted to taste everything....the garlic bread and sausage in wine sauce,and meatballs and courgette balls the best I've ever tasted!!!
Forget all the other tavernas ..this really is above the rest ...
I left there tonight and knew I had to take the time to write his review...believe me,your thank me !!,
I really mean when I say this ..this is the best Greek food I've ever tasted anywhere !!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Alaana
Krakow, Poland
“For locals”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We went there with couple of friends from Greece. They showed us this amazing place and it was one of 4best meals in 2 weeks we had. We orderd all sorts of different things and we shared it all it was really tasty also we were welcomed like old friends which was pleasent fealing. If you have a chance come and taste it is so worth it=)

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank ketepasa
Durban, South Africa
“Great taste with breathtaking view”
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

We found this heavenly place via pure luck. Having tried many taverns in various towns, this was by far the most traditional and tasteful food I have tasted in Crete. Various traditional dishes, good portion dishes, clean and friendly personel. The views from the restaurant are spectacular overlooking the Plakias bay.
This is a tavern not to be missed !!!

• Visited July 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Really good food and beautiful setting”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

This is for sure one of the best restaurants in or near plakias. They take you into the kitchen to show you the specials of the day, so I am unsure of the name of anything I had. We had a bean dish and a prawn-feta dish as starters. For mains we had some sort of feta chicken lasagne, and some slow cooked lamb. Everything was amazing and the service was fantastic. It's a few minute drive outside of town and totally worth it.

Visited July 2014