“Hard to judge”
Review of La Marbrerie

La Marbrerie
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Marble ... A place steeped in history.This large building which saw the marbles shape of Versailles was completely restored in an eco environment.Christine and Robert, children of the country, welcome you in a beautiful setting then look at the museum marble.You can enjoy a meal in the old soil polishing workshop, enjoy a plate of countries using local produce in season at all times, take a break ice in the shade of trees, and stay in a charming rooms contemporary comfort.
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Hard to judge”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Given it was january and I was the only client, it would be harsh to be critical.
The restaurant is delightful, quirky and I made the ambience as warm as I could!
There are some lovely wines to try, and other whacky drinks. The menu is nice, short and simple and what I had was fine. An omelette at €12 is more a reflection on France than on this restaurant.
The service was a bit offhand without being rude, but they did their best to accommodate me.
I'll give it another go because I loved the hotel upstairs!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank NickTheWine

San Francisco, CA
“World's best cassoulet”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We came upon this restaurant by chance while out for a walk at lunch time in this medieval town on a cold, rainy day. The special here is cassoulet, and two of us ordered one to share, along with a salad. The salad was beautiful, large and fresh, and the cassoulet was absolutely packed with different meats and the beans were perfectly cooked. It tasted just the way it's supposed to, and we had a wonderful meal there, service was as warm and friendly as the food.

Visited September 2013
Concord, New South Wales, Australia
“Where to eat in Caunes-Minervois”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We enjoyed our meal. The price was reasonable, the food was good and cooked to our liking ...and they served the meal with tasty vegetables!

• Visited September 2013
Melbourne
“Worth a visit just for the "Fisherman's Pot"”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Had dinner in the garden at La Marbrerie hotel in Caunes-Minervois last night. Ordered a small bottle of local red called Domaine Tour Boisee - a blend if Grenache and Merlot which was a little tart for my taste at first, but soon started to grow on me.

I have by now completely thrown any concept of restraint in regards to food intake on this holiday out the window and once again ordered from the Menu Terroir (or Menu Terror as my waistline has begun to refer to it). For appetiser I had the duck pâté; not as rich as foi gras, but quite tasty, served with a lettuce leaf drizzled with something that tastes like a thick Worcester sauce and a gherkin. Only complaint, the bread tasted like it was a day old.

For main I ordered the "Fisherman's Pot". I asked the lady serving me if this was like a bouillabaisse and she indicated with a roll of her hand that it was similar. It consisted of pieces of hake, shelled mussels and whole baby potatoes served in a thick, delicious broth. There was something comforting about this dish, like your mother had just whipped it up in the kitchen and served it for Saturday dinner (if your mother was French I suppose). Rich, hearty and flavoursome, this is one of the culinary highlights of the trip so far and worth a four star eating on its own.

Next was a small round of chèvre served with a drizzle of honey on the side of the plate. I've got to say I'm not a big fan of goat cheese, but when served with something sweet (like the cherry jam at La Chaumiere in Quillan) it really is quite palatable.

Once again, I ordered the nougat ice cream for dessert. Honestly, I can't get enough of this, and once again it didn't disappoint. Good food in a lovely garden setting in the South of France. How many boxes does that tick?!

• Visited September 2013
Congupna
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Let down by the food”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The atmosphere of this place is good but the food and service disappoint, it was busy whilst we we there but the that doesn't excuse the service or the poor food.

• Visited July 2013