“Chill out Holiday” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Kumluca
London
“Chill out Holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

Our first emotion on arrival in Cavus was one of panic, and "where can we move on to?". The bay is a quite striking horseshoe shape, surrounded by hills, but the beach is of grey gravel and pebbles, and the sea shelves quite steeply. For unspoilt, read "undeveloped", and quite tatty. Most of the visitors are Turkish. A few enterprising hoteliers along the shallow river that meets the sea at one end of the bay have built platforms into the water to allow a very unusual and pretty setting for dinner. The beach is about 15 minutes walk, or a quick lift by the very accommodating owner along the dirt track directly opposite the hotel. However, the relaxing ambience of the hotel quickly grows on you. The slightly elevated position gives a constant cooling breeze. The 11 rooms available all face the sea, and are clean and simple. The 10m pool area would be a bit cramped if all the rooms were occupied, but we were very lucky to have the place to ourselves most of the time. We ate out on a few occasions, but the hotel food, cooked to order and guest's choice is as good as anywhere else we found. Yuksel and his two staff could not have been more attentive or helpful. Marmaris, or Bodrum, or even Kalkan this is not. However, if you are looking for a really relaxing holiday in a rural part of Turkey, you could do a lot worse. It's surprising how quickly we were able to chill out when there was nothing to do, and nowhere to dash off to. We spent 2 weeks in June (2012) and, despite our initial panic, this was a most enjoyable time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Linda J
MichaelKybele, Guest Relations Manager at Kybele Hotel - Adrasan, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Hello Linda,
Many thanks for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor, it is very important for your internet presence that our guests make a contribution to sites such as this.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope that we will see you again.

The Kybele Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Turkish first
Coventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

I have to reinterate all the reviews for this hotel + lovely views, beautiful flowers and totally tranquil. We stayed b/b, breakfast excellent didn't need any lunch. We had evening flight and used our room all day, and were even given a sandwich for the plane. Thanks to yuksel, jahid and songul for making the holiday special.
We had some evening meals down on the river another great experience, sitting on the decking in the river, with families of ducks and river banks covered with lovely bright coloured shrubs and flowers.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lesley s
crawley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

I always had reservations about going to Turkey as I assumed it was a teenagers' drinking paradise. How wrong can you be? I found a gem of a hotel (www.kybelehotel.co.uk) located in Adrasan village. it has fabulous views, food to die for, impeccable hospitality and clean comfortable rooms, all for an unbelievable price. I'm going back in October and it can't come soon enough - a big thank you to Yuksel, Jahid and Songul for making my holiday so special. I highly recommend the Kybele hotel in Adrasan.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank clarenicola
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

This hotel is clean, new, and quaint, with lots of charm. Excellent view. Food at the restaurant was wonderful. The staff is friendly and helpful. Highly recommended for everyone from the solo traveler to a family stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Jon S
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

I could not have wished for a better holiday!! Yuksel and his team were absolutely fantastic and made me feel so welcome! From the moment I arrived in Turkey, the arrangements for the transfer from the airport to the hotel through to the transfer back at the end of the week went smoothly and I had absolutely no worries about what was happening in a new country! All the time I spent at the hotel was not only relaxing but totally comfortable and I felt that nothing that I asked for was a problem. The food was amazing! AND the hotel Very clean. I was so pleased that I have re-booked to return in September this year AND I know that it will become a annual holiday. I would recommend anyone who wants a happy, relaxing holiday to stay at this great place!!

Room Tip: I can honestly say say that from what I saw from the outside, all rooms had a beautiful view.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Carole B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

We arrived at the hotel after a two-hour transfer from Antalya airport at midnight, and was surprised to be greeted by all the staff. The surprises continued: based on the room price when booking, we were expecting minimal quality of rooms, service etc.; what we found were simple, clean, and scenic rooms, a beatiful terrace bar and pool, and friendly staff present within earshot at nearly all the time from about 8am to about 1am.
The staff were perhaps what really made the stay at the hotel: they are happy to advise on the local area, arrange days out, drop you off at the beach (a 5 minute drive) or simply chat.
The location was also good, as on the hillside that it is set into it has superb views over Adrasan and receives a breeze which breaks up the heat of the midday sun. All in all, unexpectedly good value.

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank maffgibson
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2011

Yuksel and Sibel, run the most friendly, relaxing, clean hotel in Adrasan. I have been visiting Turkey for the past twenty years and recommend this as one of the best hotels I have stayed in over that time.
The rooms are spacious (not usual for Turkey) and are fitted quite simply but perfect, the bathrooms are superior quality with great fittings.
The views are amazing nestled in the mountains, with a perfect view of the sea, which can been seen by every room, the bar and pool area.
Yuksel sibel and staff were fantastic, nothing was too much trouble, and the food cooked by Cavit was some of the best I have ever eaten, and he even gave me a cookery lesson and I stole some of his recepies.
Cannot praise this hotel enough and if you need a quiet relaxing time highly recommend that you try it.

Pip & H (Bristol)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank PipandH
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kumluca
Presa di Finica Hotel & Suites
#5 of 17 in Cirali
Club Sun Village
Club Sun Village
#2 of 6 in Kumluca

Been to Kybele Hotel - Adrasan? Share your experiences!