Sepilok Nature Resort is the best resort in the area: perfect layout (around a pound), beautiful wooden architecture, big bungalows/chalets with balcony compared to other resorts next door, very nice & friendly service and good food. Very good value for money.
Staff was friendly and very helpful. Food a la carte was very good and not overpriced compared to set buffets.
If you want to arrange tours on your own:
- Sepilok Nature Resort is only 2mn walk from Sepilok rehabilitation center so do it by yourself,
- Buses run to Sandakan (best is to go to Sepilok rehabilitation center to ask for bus schedules or walk some 2 kms on main road and get local buses),
- For river and forest excursions try to bargain between hotel, taxis and local tour opertors
Overall a very nice stay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden amongst a veritable treasure trove of tropical plants and grasses, hug trees and spectacular orchids in bloom, the quaint bungalows of the Sepilok Nature Resort are within walking distance of the world-famous Kabili-Sepilok Forest Reserve, precious home of the last wild Orang Utans of Northern Borneo. Combining rich traditional style with contemporary luxury, Sepilok Nature Resort is the ideal starting point for most other wildife land destinations in Sabah such as the fauna rich Kinabatangan River and the surrounding Sukau area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotwire, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sepilok Nature Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sepilok Nature Hotel Sepilok