We had no idea where we wanted to stay, we used the Lonely Planet Malayisa guide to pick this place. We wanted to stay down the road but they were booked, so this was the next best option. When we arrived, we were greatly warmly and give a key to our "chalet". The room was clean and tidy but the bed was hard and the bathroom (if you can call it that) was tiny! The shower is not a shower, it is a hose head that you have to wait for hot water to heat up for, and even then it was not hot. You have to hold the hose ubove your head and the unit sits above the toilet. There was a small drain, so everything got wet and water trickled out into the bedroom. If the bathroom had been better and perhaps the bed a little more inviting, we could of stayed there for days. The location is beautiful and the staff are very friendly. The restaurant is gorgeous and the small menu has all you need. We recommend the Mutabak!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sepilok Forest Edge Resort comprise of beautiful village style chalets which is surrounded by lush green surroundings and hills as a backdrop which further embraces the amazing view. Several types of chalets are available to cater to your needs, starting from the standard chalet for a superb value lodging to the Family chalet for a worry free family outing. The superior chalet is also available for those who requires some extra pampering. The Long House (LBB )consists of several rooms which are also available for those who want to experience lodging with a difference. Labuk Bed & Breakfast (LBB) is the premiere lodging spot for backpackers, nature enthusiasts or families that are just looking for a retreat with nature. LBB has received recommendations by Lonely Planet as well as various other travel guides over the course of its 15 years heritage. LBB has since moved from jalan labuk, Mile 14 to its new location: which is just a 10 minutes walk to the Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Sepilok Forest Edge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sepilok Forest Edge Hotel Sepilok
- Sepilok Forest Edge Sandakan