I would stay at this resort again but only if I had my own car, as we did this time.
We chose to stay in the longhouse rooms only because the chalets were ridiculously over priced.
Let me say that most hotels/resorts in Sabah had bumped their prices up for June/July and some were no where near the prices being quoted by Tripadvisor. What made this peculiar was that most were nearly empty and wouldn't budge off those inflated prices.
The Long house rooms were clean and well ventilated with the fan providing enough coolness for comfortable sleeping at night. The bathrooms were large and clean without any mildew or stuffy smell you get in a lot of Asian hotels.
Wanting 10 ringitt extra per person to use the small spa was a bit steep and I refused to
pay it as did my daughters.
The food was expensive and below standard if not insulting. My daughter ordered a murtabak but was given a roti...........like, we didn't know the difference !!
The beer and drinks were strangely very expensive. We had dinner at the Nature Resort down the road and was very impressed with the selection, price and quality. The beer was nearly 3 ringitts cheaper.
One very positive aspect of this place is that the manager's husband owns the Kinabatangan Jungle Camp so you can organise a trip out there directly with her.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sepilok Forest Edge Resort comprise of beautiful village style chalets which is surrounded by lush green surroundings and hills as a backdrop which further embraces the amazing view. Several types of chalets are available to cater to your needs, starting from the standard chalet for a superb value lodging to the Family chalet for a worry free family outing. The superior chalet is also available for those who requires some extra pampering. The Long House (LBB )consists of several rooms which are also available for those who want to experience lodging with a difference. Labuk Bed & Breakfast (LBB) is the premiere lodging spot for backpackers, nature enthusiasts or families that are just looking for a retreat with nature. LBB has received recommendations by Lonely Planet as well as various other travel guides over the course of its 15 years heritage. LBB has since moved from jalan labuk, Mile 14 to its new location: which is just a 10 minutes walk to the Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Sepilok Forest Edge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sepilok Forest Edge Hotel Sepilok
- Sepilok Forest Edge Sandakan