“Argentinian Hospitality at its very best”
Review of SAYTA

SAYTA
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Chicoana
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Excellent horse riding place with good food and accommodation provided if required. Different levels of experience catered for.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Argentinian Hospitality at its very best”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I won't waste your time adding anymore to what has already been very accurately written here.

You can choose from thousands of horse riding excursions in Argentina and I can't speak for any them, but I'd be surprised if any other could compete with the complete experience offered at Sayta.

50kms south of Salta, this beautiful little Estancia is run by the egmatic Enrique who may have hung up his stirrups a few years ago but riding's not what he needs to be doing now. He has a superb team of Guachos who'll look after novices and seasoned riders alike. His horses are beautiful, evidently loved and cared for and trained to the point of perfection. The scenery around the Estancia rolls like the saddle you sit on, as you gently wander your horse along tracks and trails, cross rivers and climb mountains. You'll never be fed so well at lunchtime, and the wine flows without heed to portion control, profits and overheads.

What Erique, Laura and Kylie do so unbeleively well though, is to offer simple, but very genuine hospitality. I'm a big fan of hospitality but it's something that can't be faked. It can only come from the heart. I emailed Laura when I returned to thank her for the day. She replied to thank me, and said that they all really loved their jobs. I can't disagree with that. Their warmth, enthusiasm and care flows as freely as the emesly quaffable red at lunchtime. Sayta is Argentinian hospitality at its very best.

Visited January 2013

Colsterworth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best thing to do round Salta”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I am not a huge horse riding fan but I paid for my boyfriend and I to go for an early birthday present and I am so glad I did, it was one of the best days we had on our 4 month trip.

I emailed on Friday afternoon and arranged to go on the Sunday after being recommended by other travellers. We were picked up by a private car and with 2 others travelled to Sayta Cabalgatas. There we were greated by Laura and Enrique and kitted out and given our horses. They catered the horses to peoples riding abilities which was great. The scenery was beautiful. The Gauchos always made sure everyone was okay. We just went out for the morning ride then for the lunch...which was INCREDIBLE!!!

Laura and Enrique are brilliant hosts, wine was constantly flowing and huge pieces of mouthwatering steak on our plate. The salads were equally delicious and homemade. I'm very glad we didn't book for the afternoon ride too as I was so full on food and wine I may not have gone on the horse!

It was such a good day, I recommend this for everyone the horses are in great condition and well loved. It is great value for money and even if you dont like horse riding I would go again just for the lunch!

Muchas Gracias!

Visited June 2012
Exeter, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“A most enjoyable time”
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

This was booked by my agent as part of my tour of Argentina as a half day session. I travelled to the ranch with a couple, on arrival we were greeted by an English speaking member of the team and introduced to the owner Enrique and asked to breakfast.
We were briefed and kitted out and taken to our horses , saddled up and given simple instructions.
We were accompanied by the son and daughter of Enrique who both speak English and a gaucho and we embarked on a 3hr riding session through the country side.
The horses were well behaved a relief as I had only ridden once before. The ranch caters for all ridding abilities and we were engaged in conversation the entire time.
On return we were offered drinks and we sat down to a rather nice lunch. Effort was made to provide a vegetarian option which was nice, however meat barbecue is the staple here and judging by what I saw and feedback from the meat eaters it was very nice indeed. The wine was absolutely lovely a special house blend we were informed.
Enrique provided the entertainment , he was full of stories duly interpreted by his children and English speaking team members.
The ranch takes on volunteers who are past guests or recommended for a period of time who help out on the ranch and learn Spanish.
Although it was billed as half day by the end of lunch we had indeed been there for the day and it was a truly enjoyable day.

Atlanta
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Love this place!”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I had an amazing time at Sayta. The food is fantastic. THe horse riding wonderful for beginners or advanced. Enrique, the owner, is wonderful fun as well. I suggest SAYTA to all the people who volunteer with us in Salta.

Vancouver, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Incredible experience and a must-do for the Salta region”
Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

The ranch was an incredible experience and it's a must-do for the Salta region.

Highlights:
-Great guides for horseback riding
-Beautiful scenary
-Good instructions for beginner riders
-Friendly hosts: the owner, Enrique, was one of the best hosts I've ever met, who was humorous and thoroughly entertaining
-Lunch: best steaks I've had in Argentina thus far, and I have gone to many well-rated parillas throughout the country
-Incredible value for the experience
-Includes transfers to / from Salta (45 min)

Normally, I would include areas for improvement in a review, but I only have positive comments for Sayta. Definitely try it!