“Hotel with wonderful views!”
Review of Hidden Bay Hotel

Hidden Bay Hotel
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Yeosu
Jacksonville, Florida
“Hotel with wonderful views!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Traveling with a group and my family. This was the second hotel on our tour. The hotel is a modern hotel and you can tell it was new. The room was large but the toilet in my bathroom (was in a separate part of the bathroom) was small, I couldn't get my tall legs in front of the toilet so I had to sit on the side. I thought all the toilet space was like that in all the rooms, but the toilet space in my parents room was roomy. I had a balcony and I was able to see the water view from my room which was beautiful. Watching the sunrise with a cup of coffee was relaxing. The breakfast buffet was good. Nearby stores and restaurants. I found out the next day there was free wifi but I ended up using the hotel computer in the lobby. Also members of the staff did not speak or understand English.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LeLe S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Hidden Bay is a modern facility, less than two years old. The location is exceptional, on a pennisula looking across a large enclosed bay that is dotted with islands. The bay is active with fishing boats and ferries, but you don't see any pleasure boats. My stay was unusual because I was there all winter on an assignment for work. I suspect that Hidden Bay is the best hotel in the area for Westerners visiting on business. The rooms were large with an exceptional amount of storage space. This was important for me because I had clothing for winter, for summer, and for work.

The staff is very friendly, but only a few of the employees are fluent in English. Make sure they understand what you are asking for and you will usually get excellent service. The breakfast buffet was outstanding and dinner was good. I typically ate dinner at the bar with my colleagues where it was more casual. It was more difficult to get room service on days when the kitchen was understaffed. Housekeeping was very good. They seemed upset when you asked them to skip a few days.

One drawback was the lack of A/C. I frequently had to open my room to let in fresh air to cool it off due to the sun's radiant heating of the massive obelisk. I expect that it would be uncomfortably warm in the summertime. The hotel had a large excercise facility and spa, although I prefered to be outside.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Robert W
Ashqelon
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Great rooms
Clean large and well equipped
The view of sun set and sun down is incredible
Breakfast good selection
Low quality coffee
Take a walk along the sea shore pure pleasure
Short walk to a good supermarket
Restaurant for dinner was very low quality tasteless food and small dishes.
The hotel is highly recommend especially if you are a couple that want to enjoy each other

• Stayed December 2012
Reviewed August 25, 2012

G/f and I stayed there one night in mid Aug 2012. Arrived at 1130am (rookies!) and were told check in was at 3. Oops. Front desk staff were very kind and checked is into a stunner on the 10th floor. An hour or do later we notice no a/c. Room starts to get hot. Phone call to the front desk. They send a guy to move us. To a suite. Sweet. Views are amazing, everything new, super clean (although gf found a hair in the minibar eww). The bed is ridiculous, gorgeous linens. Flat screen in the bedroom and the other room. Monster bathroom with the huge tub overlooking the bay. But no bathsoaps. Huge white towels. Crappy robes with the belt loop up around mid back.

Here's the thing. The place is not really comfortable in its own skin. I guess it opened on May; you get the feeling it's in beta mode. The food is only ok (room service - 1 burger, 1 club sand; breakfast buffet, average and expensive!). At breakfast the place was dead. As we ate it felt like the staff were kind of watching us, waiting eagerly to serve us. When I got up for more eggs, my plate was removed right away (good) but my dirty fork and knife replaced on the place mat (wtf). Great views here too and great cutlery.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank stewartbuckman
Reviewed July 16, 2012

When I went in, the hotel was keeped cool at all times but as the day went on i experienced more... Unexpected things
When I went up to go to my room on 8th floor the hallway was clean but it had a weird smell which made me gasp for air when I entered my room(because I was holding my breath)
In the morning I went down for breakfast but I found a bug in my food. Eventhough there was a bug they weren't like other hotels or restaurants they apologized and the manager went to the cook and asked him if it was a bug, unlike other places they admitted that it was and they were terribly sorry and the rest was decent.
Oh and the people there like the front desk are very kind

• Stayed July 2012
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This is one of the 3 offical hotel from 2012 Expo. they have 7-8 shuttles run back and to the hotel daily. I wouldn't say this it a 5 star hotel. Please see below for my comments.

Check in:
Hotel is very specific about the check in time, we arrived there at 2:30 but wasn't allow to check in as the check in time was at 3pm.

Staffs:
They are nice but they only speak very limited english. sometimes they want to help but they can't.

Food at hotel:
Breakfast- buffet but if you do not have B& B rate, I do not reccommend to eat there. One breakfast is around 25000KRW per person. Food are very normal.
In room dining- they do not have a lot of selections, but I must say, their Korean food it's quite nice and tasty.

Room:
We were given a smoking room, so we switched to another room right after. Rooms are exactly the same. Sizes are relatively small but ocean view. Eventhough hotel claims they are 5 star hotel, they do not provided toothbrush( unless you pay for them).

Location:
Hotel is around 10-15 mins away from the expo by car, there are a street where a few local restaurants around but it's at least a 5 mins walk.

It's not a bad hotel, but for that price range, I expect a better service and product.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank littlecelery
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stayed here for two nights in conjunction with visiting the 2012 Expo. It seems to be a new place, probably built for the expo. The facility was gorgeous from the outside and the lobby and rooms were extremely nice, as was the view from our room. Staff spoke English well and were very helpful.

The only downside was that the hotel is maybe a bit isolated, with nothing appearing to be going on within walking distance and the hotel restaurant being insanely expensive. Cab rides to the expo area were pretty cheap, though, and there were lots of places to eat near there. Also, the hotel is the last stop on one of the city bus lines (the #2 line if I recall correctly), so that is an option as well.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family