We returned from the Venus Apartments last weekend and I have to say we had an absolutely fabulous holiday – the apartments are in a great location and it was such a joy not to have to fight for sun beds no matter what time of the day. And I would echo the sentiments of the previous reviewers that it was also the other families around the pool who made our holiday perfect.
However, having spoken to many people around the pool I have to say I think we were exceptionally lucky as we had one of the nine apartments that have been updated. I didn’t the see the more dated rooms but heard several stories of dodgy showers and no cooking utensils. We had apartment 9, which had a modern newly fitted shower room and a spotless kitchen with plenty of cooking utensils. We only cooked once but could easily have done so every evening as we had everything we needed.
I too unfortunately had the humiliation of being dragged out of the pool one afternoon to be told that we should have vacated the apartment but this error was actually the fault of Cosmos. We booked our accommodation through them independently to coincide with our Easyjet flights so booked 11 nights. The useless Cosmos rep relayed that to Charlie as a booking for 11 days so he was expecting us to vacate 24 hours earlier than we did.
Charlie, bless him, does his best but he takes on far too much for a man of his age and it shows sometimes when basic things get forgotten. I would question how much longer he can carry on without some help to give him a break.
I absolutely loved Roda – it’s a beautiful resort and I will definitely be going back next year - but unless I could guarantee which I apartment I ended up in I probably would not book here again. Having said that, for what we paid, it was fantastic value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Venus is a small collection of family-run studios & apartments, tastefully arranged around a spectacular swimming pool so that everyone has a perfect view. With ‘duplex’apartments sleeping up to four people and two person studios, there is a wide range of options available for families and other groups. All have air-conditioning, private balconies, showers, W.C.s, refrigerators and basic cooking facilities. Cots are available and there is a regular maid service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Charlies Venus Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Venus Studios And Apartments Hotel Roda
- Charlies Venus Apartments Corfu/Roda