I've rated the Venus average but only because there isn't a good rating.
Our holiday was made not by the accommodation so much as the other guests that were staying there. The guests were mainly families and a few young couples out for a quiet holiday in the sun, although when all the kids got together in the pool it wasn't that quiet but it was fab to see all the kids playing together and getting on as if they'd been friends for years. We have a boy 13 and a girl 10, and it made our holiday that they could go and play safely with all the other kids. This leads me to the parents and the couples staying there, you couldn't have hoped to meet a friendlier bunch of people. For the whole 2 weeks there was no rushing for sun beds at stupid o'clock in the morning and most people would chat and say hello.
My opinion of the accommodation is pretty much the same as most other reviewers. Our apartment was No.3 fortunately it was one of the last to be revamped so the bathroom although small was perfectly adequate. The bedrooms are of a good size with enough storage for most families, We don't go on holiday to cook so didn't care about the cooking facilities, Beware of the fridge the door opens from the wrong side so you bang your arm or head on the microwave shelf and the door doesn't close properly unless you nudge it a bit. The A.C. works well with units upstairs and down.
A 15 min stroll along the sea front road past tavernas and restaurants gets you into Roda village with plenty of entertainment and a little retail therapy.
Charlie's hideaway bar! For us the only thing that lets the Venus down, it's not so much the bar area its self, that's spacious with plenty of seating a pool table and a large screen telly. The issue is poor Charlie, He's a lovely old fella who tries to do far too much, he's there from 1st thing till the bar closes and that's one of the problems. On many a night we went back expecting a night cap and a chat with other guests only to find it all locked up, I could have understood it if it had been really late but it was never much after midnight and on one occasion it was 11.15. Also when the bar is open be prepared to pay hotel prices for your drinks. We paid on average €13 for 2 small cokes a wine and lemonade and a shot of sambuka.
All in all not bad.
Thanks to all the other families and couples that made our holiday such a fun and relaxing 2 weeks and thanks to Charlie for all his hard work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Venus is a small collection of family-run studios & apartments, tastefully arranged around a spectacular swimming pool so that everyone has a perfect view. With ‘duplex’apartments sleeping up to four people and two person studios, there is a wide range of options available for families and other groups. All have air-conditioning, private balconies, showers, W.C.s, refrigerators and basic cooking facilities. Cots are available and there is a regular maid service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Charlies Venus Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Venus Studios And Apartments Hotel Roda
- Charlies Venus Apartments Corfu/Roda