“ELENITSA, RODA”

and 1 more site!
Roda Pearl Resort
Ranked #18 of 25 Specialty Lodging in Roda
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Previous reviews are accurate!! I stayed in a room without a balcony although I had asked for one as rooms with balconies seemed cleaner!When I asked to be moved I was told nothing available for at least 5 days! The rep was less than useless, not very helpful and wanted to be in Kavos as people in Roda complained!! Not surprising due to state of rooms! Towels and top sheet?? were changed twice a week.The room was clean but very badley maintained, stained toilet bowl, rusty cooking hobs etc. However I do think it's luck of the draw which room you get. Do ask for room with balcony, they seem better. The PLUS side is the appartments are centrally located, only a couple of minutes to the beach and restaurants. Locals are very friendly and welcoming. Plenty of places to eat, however food pretty average, chips and rice with most meals. The resort itself is lovely, beaches ideal for children as sea is quite shallow. Overall had a great holiday, would have been different if I had paid more for it but as it was cheap and cheerful could overlook shabby rooms. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ELENITSA!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank joan b
elenamayla, Ιδιοκτήτης at Roda Pearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2016

Hello Joan b. Hope to see you this summer in our renovated rooms and our new swimming pool. Visit our site : www.elenitsa-apartments.com
Elena

There are newer reviews for Roda Pearl Resort

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Stayed here 2nd week of July. Glad we got the holiday relatively cheap on a late booking, full price would be a total rip-off. Badly stained toilet bowl; gouges out of toilet seat; bathroom drain grate filthy (level floor, so no drainage of water from shower!); old & dirty cooker; black sealant around sink; had to supply own toilet roll after first ran-out; 2 of the four pillows were so lumpy as to be unusable; power socket was over 2m away from the mirror (how is a girl supposed to do her hair?!); said mirror is set so low that one has to kneel to see one's head; wardrobe doors are jammed, so wake everyone up when opened or closed; room had obviously been closed-up for ages, horrendous damp smell lastest for days; very dim lamps; no security lockers available - Olympic have an arrangement with a hotel up the road (free, but a pain not to have in own room). The resort of Roda is small & quiet, but has seen better days. A number of shops stand empty and the general decor is quite tatty. The people, however, are friendly & accommodating, with some good value taverners and sun-beds a few minutes walk along the beach. A few good areas of sandy beach, with a number of pebble beaches. We found the Alexander Taverner, with it's upstairs "garden room" and the Roda Park Taverner the nicest places to eat.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dunworking5
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The room was very shoddy and poorly maintained, from the cracked toilet seat to the fact we only got fresh towels once in the week we were there. For a self catering apartment there wasn't really much provided, besides a small kettle and a burnt out microwave oven. However, the hotel was extremely cheap and so we didn't really expect any less. The beds were comfortable if not a little flimsy, and we only went in the hotel to sleep or get changed. Would probably stay again, just for the price.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank tonerpjk
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Just back from a holiday in Rhoda. Stayed at the Elinitsa Apartments which were basic and very clean. They are a typical Greek apartment where when you had a shower the water went all over the floor. They are just somewhere for you to sleep after having a peaceful day sun bathing and a great night out enjoying the good food on offer and a glass or two of wine.Rhoda itself is a lovely resort with a great beach and warm sea.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank degsy_11
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

In roda as we speak at a great apartments called valentinos ( round the corner a bit from elenitsa) we were so lucky!!! Arrived at the elenitsa early hours of morning due to flight changes by olympic. The eastern european airline (enter air) to be fair were ok.

What greeted us was what can only be described as a hot box from hell. All the other reviews describe it well!! The room was so old dark and depressing. There was an odour i cant describe and even in daylight the lights needed to be on.

We camp and rough it and do 5 star and realise that 2 star is 2 star but this isnt 2 star. Ok we were tired,managed to hit a bar for a couple beers and thought everything would be rosier in the morning...nope

Went to pool at theodores... If only we could have stayed there alas

Found adam, nice guy but!! Anyway olympic wanted 35 euro admin plus 12 euro a night to shift us but said they would struggle as all their places full. So olympic put you in a sh1t hole then stitch you up to find you somewhere habitable

Within a few hours we had moved to valentinos which is superb and not much more than olympic would have fleeced us for. We have a great pool, air con, balcony

Roda is hot but comfortable this week. My sympathy goes out to anyone in these non balcony back rooms during the height of the season

I read olympics reviews and took as accurate. Only read tripadvisors after booking. School boy error never to be repeated

Still have key to room so will try to post some pics when we return it

Geoff and julia. Leicester

• Stayed: June 2013
5  Thank hilly07
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Although we realised that we were not going to get 5 star luxury we did expect at least a clean room the rep from Olympic (Shay) was less than useless he didn,t know where the rooms where when he did eventually find it he just said yours is up there and promptly dissapeared When we did eventually get into the room I realised why the rep disappeared quicker than any magician I have ever seen. The room was dirty, smelly,no room to swing the proverbial cat,the table I think came off the ark and was about as stable as a jelly in a earthquake,the kitchen area was dirty and if you wanted to boil the kettle you had to move it from the kitchen around near the shower to the nearest power point,no tv,no ac not even a fan,no balcony,if you opened the windows you were eaten alive by the mosquitos,bare wires showing above the cooker extactor, the water was tepid at best.The only reason we slept here the first night was purely for the fact that we were absoluteley knackered .No real point of contact for anyone apart from a name (Adam) and some bar where you may find him.At this point I decided enough was enough and I went to find alternative accomodation at a place where we had stayed before in Achariva unfortunately the place was full so we ended up paying 360 euros to stay at a very nice place (Century Resort) in Achariva.Hindsight being the wonderful thing it is I now realise why you cannot find any internal pictures of this dump.I will never book another holiday through Olympic!

Room Tip: Definately not Elenista.I would advise Sun Apartments or if you have a bit more cash Century Hotel R...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank stephen w
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Arrived at around 3 in the morning, had to walk down an extremely dark road with our cases so the rep could give us our keys and tell us which rooms we were in. For starters, the rep couldn't even find the room and work out who was in which one as half of them were not labelled properly.
Upon entering our room, it was stuffy, smelly, full of mosquitoes, and dirty. I have stayed in 2* hotels before and I am not usually a fussy person, however, this I found ridiculous.

There were squashed mosquitoes with mosquito blood on the walls, the floors, the mirrors, in the shower etc. This was due to the cleaners leaving the windows wide open!! There was NO balcony so we couldn't get away from them out there, if you opened the windows then you ended up with more mosquitoes let in.
The "kitchen area" was a joke. With a wall less than a foot and a half away from the counters and sink, it was near on impossible to physically use as there was no room to stand there! The cooker was rusty and dirty and I did not feel comfortable using it. Bathroom was similar to the kitchen, everything on top of each other.
Normally I can deal with basic rooms but I found this incredibly stuffy and claustrophobic, and uncomfortable.

With it being an apartment complex, there was no reception we could go to to discuss the state of the room, we were not given a number to call to speak to anyone either. The only thing I could do was look through all the paperwork to find a number for Olympic and call them so they could then contact the local rep. There was also no phone in the apartment, so had to use my own mobile which eventually added an extra £30 onto my phone bill that month. So after a restless nights sleep, come 8:00 we phoned Olympic who then told us we would have to wait to see our rep at the welcome meeting at 3 PM.

At the meeting we asked if we could change rooms as the state of our room was unacceptable, and he said he would make a call and let us know what is available. He told us that the only room available was an apartment in Sidari (the next town over) that sleeps up to 6 people and we could change to it for €180 but we would have to make our own way over there. When we decided this was too much, he agreed to come and have a look at our room, and check out the state of it which I appreciated.
However, he tried to make every excuse he could for the messy room, and ignored the fact there was mosquito blood on the walls and floors. He told us he would phone for a cleaner to come along and re-clean the room. This was fine by me, however, having waited around for an extra 2 hours, no such cleaner turned up.
We had still been left no number for our rep, and so had to phone Olympic again, whilst still increasing my phone bill.

The girl from Olympic told us that a cleaner should be there in 45 minutes and that if it wasn't, to phone again. Of course, no such cleaner showed, and so we called again and were told that the cleaner would not not be round until the morning. So that was wasted a whole day of our holiday waiting around on people.

After several phone calls, we were eventually told that there should be an empty room in the other block, and the key should be in the door. Of course, no key was found. The woman said that the owner of the apartments was not willing to come out to give us the key. On inspection of the rest of the apartments, we found the room next door to us was also empty, with the key in the door. So after being told there were no other empty rooms in Roda, we found 2 just in our apartment complex.

The lady on the phone then told us that unfortunately, our rep could not come to speak with us again as he was on the other side of the island... No less than 5 minutes later, he arrived in our apartment. How convenient he managed to arrive so quick. Eventually after much persuasion we were told we could have the empty room as the person who's room it was supposed to be was a no-show.

Second room was definitely an improvement, cleaner, kitchen you could physically stand in, nice balcony, bathroom you could actually use! Made our holiday much more enjoyable as we could actually relax.
However one thing we did notice about the whole complex is you have to buy your own toilet roll.. they leave one roll and you have to supply the rest yourself.. Strange I thought. Consider taking a couple of rolls with you, if not - Niko's supermarket does sell it reasonably cheap though, as well as other cheap snacks, drinks etc.

Only other problem we encountered was that on our last day we were not due to be collected from the resort until 11:30PM, and checkout was at midday. This would have meant spending 11 and a half hours sitting in 30+ heat with nowhere to go and nothing to do. The apartments obviously had no kind of courtesy room to offer, and the only option we were given was to pay extra to keep the room later. They charged €20 just to keep the room until 6PM. Despite other apartments charging around €25 per night, we were charged €20 for 6 hours. If I had any other choice I certainly would not have paid it, but we had no other option.
So if you do stay here, make sure you have decent flights.

Also note, the apartments do not have their own swimming pool, guests are invited to use the pool of Fiona Theodoros, about a 10 minute walk, which in the midday heat is not very enjoyable, but the pool is nice and clean and the drinks and food are reasonably priced.
The rooms also do not have air con.

It is in a good location, about a 2 minute walk to the beach where the pubs shops and restaurants are located. Roda itself is a nice place. Not lively but not too quiet, with a reasonable choice of pubs and restaurants, I recommend Pirates bar, and Crusoe's pub did cheap breakfasts. Five Roses restaurant was also a favourite choice of us, also very cheap. Reasonable choice of shops for souvenirs etc, and although we didn't actually spend a day on the beach it is very nice.

I have complained to Olympic about these apartments and about 3 or 4 replies later, they are still refusing to do anything about it. So overall, as much as I love Corfu, I definitely wouldn't be staying here again, and definitely won't be using Olympic again.

It is an extremely basic complex of apartments, but I have paid less than I paid for this holiday and received a cleaner room and better service. The only type of people I would say its good for is people that will spend as little time as possible in it.

Room Tip: Be sure to book a room with a balcony, they seem cleaner, more open and less stuffy and cramped.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Lauren B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roda
Pegasus Hotel
#1 of 3 in Karousades
Paradise Village
Paradise Village
#5 of 25 in Roda

Been to Roda Pearl Resort? Share your experiences!