“A lovely week” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blue Gardens Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Roda
Blue Gardens Apartments
Ranked #2 of 26 Specialty Lodging in Roda
west lothian
“A lovely week”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

Just back from an amazing week at the Blue gardens,I booked this last minute over the phone with Ellena. My wife and I were there for 2 days relaxation 3 days cycling and 2 relaxing days to Finish.these apartments are family run and very friendly.The rooms are clean and tidy and are cleaned everyday there's a lovely pool for a dip and it's never overcrowded loads of beds to soak up the sun on. There is also a lovely terrace bar which serves good food at a reasonable price I always had the poached egg for breakfast served by Andraos and Ellenas dad who I had many a pleasurable conversation with,I would also recommend the meatballs with rice for dinner they were spot on.The apartments are just outside Roda a 5 min walk into town and were ideal for me giving good access to many great cycling routes and would suit anyone looking for a good base to cycle from.Ellena will also put you in touch with a good bike rental firm or even organise it for you if need be.overall this was a great place to stay with fantastic hosts.

Room Tip: Just chill it's relaxed
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank garywestlothian

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Me girlfriend and I just returned from a short stay at Blue Gardens. We booked very last minute on onthebeach.co.uk for 4 nights and were looking for somewhere peaceful to relax for a few days.

For what we paid we were very impressed. We were given a huge apartment (slept 4) as it was the only one left. It had two massive balconies and the bedrooms were a good size with plenty if storage space. The beds weren't luxury but we slept fine. You can pay for a fan as there isn't air conditioning but we found we didn't need one as it cooled down a lot at night. I would recommend paying for the mosquito nets as it's only 5 EUR for the week. The room was cleaned everyday which we didn't expect for what we paid, and towels were provided.

The buildings are traditional Greek, and the pool is nice and clean. The views of the mountains are also great. We didn't spend too much time at the resort as we were only there for such a short time, we spent most of out time at the beach, which is about a 10-15 minute walk away. The beach wasn't too busy and we could always get a bed in a good location. The water is also perfect. Roda is small, but there are enough restaurants to visit. There aren't many places to stay out drinking, which was fine as we weren't looking for late nights.

We only ate at blue gardens once (the morning we were leaving), I had poached eggs which were cooked perfectly - I think if we'd stayed longer we would've eaten there one night as the atmosphere was always friendly.

The hosts are very welcoming and I would definitely return.

Thanks!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ashley M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

We stayed from 16th June 014 until 23rd June. The apartments are very clean and comfortable. Elena and her hubby are really friendly and are there to help you enjoy your stay. We had many a breakfast there and snacks at the bar which were reasonably priced and delicious. The whole venue is very relaxed and it is definitely a place to stay and recharge your batteries. Everyone is very friendly. The pool is a delight-shallow so it is very warm and there are plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas there, so you don't have to fight for one.
Elenas dad is a lovely guy and is around most mornings - the whole family are lovely people and will help you organise anything you need from car hire to trips.
Water is there upon arrival for a small charge so it saves you lugging it from Roda after you arrive.
Tips:(Take a bar of soap with you as none is provided in the apartments and also take a dish cloth as we had to buy these in Roda.)
Definitely hire the mosquito nets! They are a MUST and are only 4 euros each for the week. You will be badly bitten if you don't. We also bought our own plug in liquid mosquito repellent so we were able to keep bites to a minimum.

The beach and Roda village is just a 5/10 minute walk away. The best restaurant we found was the Roda Park Corfu - situated off the main road and down a little lane to the left. Always full and food was delicious. 2 course meal with a litre of wine was about 31 euros for two..delicious !

Great place to stay...loved our holiday!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

My sister and I arrived mid afternoon, and was greeted by Elena, she asked or names, and remembered them all week. We were shown to our apartment and shown round. We were impressed by what we saw. There were 6 litre bottles of water in the kitchen (a small charge was made) but it saved us carrying water back from Roda. In the bathroom there is a mop & a broom (no wet feet) & also pegs and a washing line are provided. We had breakfast cooked breakfast most mornings and evening meal a few times during the week. Andreas Is a brilliant cook all the food was cooked fresh and served tour table.
There are plenty of sun beds and umbrellas around the pool area, so no rush to try and save them by putting towels out first thing.
Roda is a ten minute stroll down to the beach and restaurants. Hire of two sun beds and one umbrella cost 7 euros for the day. Food and snacks were good in all of the restaurants.
We caught a bus to Kassiopi, probably about half a hour, worth a visit especially the harbour area.
We also went on a boat trip to Paxos, Anti Paxos and the blue caves, it was a nice trip, but a 12 hour day left at 8 in the morning and returned @ 8 on the night. Especially enjoyed Paxos.
My sister and I both enjoyed our holiday. The Blue Garden Apartments are very clean, and all the staff are amazing, We would recommend them to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Marilyn O
Radstock, nr Bath
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

We arrived here late at night in a taxi arranged by Elena. We were shown to our apartment by Andreas, all very relaxed. Had a quick drink at the bar the bed. In the morning Elena came over and introduced herself, remembering our names all week. Had breakfast cooked by Andreas every morning who remembered everything we wanted for the rest of the week. Such lovely friendly people, it was like chatting with friends, which they quickley become. Marianthi, their 10 year old daughter was a little gem. Elena arranged a trip for us. Anything you wanted you got, nothing was too much trouble. Chatted with some lovely people as the whole place is so friendly.
We stayed by the very clean pool area during the day, everything was on hand at the bar, very good prices. Elena's Frappe's were the best ever.
The whole place is small, very clean and well kept. Apartments perfect for your needs., cleaned everyday by the lovely Ellie. Restaurant perfect, good home cooking.
Roda is a small town with lots of different bars and restaurants, lovely beach.
This place is just perfect for a totally relaxing holiday to recharge your batteries.
One of the best places I have stayed and all thanks to Elena, Andreas and Marianthi. Oh, not forgetting Kostas the barman, who we met just before we left.
Thank you to all for a wonderful holiday. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: All seemed to look good.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Debbie D
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

I had the pleasure of spending 2 weeks in Blue Garden Apartments, Roda, Corfu from 25th May to 8th June. I flew directly from Dublin to Corfu with AerLingus. Package holidays from Dublin to Roda are available through sunsearch.ie

What a wonderful place. From the moment I met Andreas and Elena, and their daughter Marianthi (10) I had a really good feeling about the place. Not forgetting Kostas the barman ! They treated us, and every other guest, like an extended family. They couldnt do enough for us, nothing was a problem. They were the type of people you could sit and have a chat with over coffee. Their daughter was wonderful with our 3 year old, she kept her entertained, read books with her, coloured with her, danced with her etc

We stayed in a 2 bedroomed family apartment, which was really spacious, we had a balcony off each bedroom. There was also a large kitchen with fridge and cooker and a seating area with table and 4 chairs. The apartment was spotless and was cleaned everyday by Ellie, always smiley and friendly !!

The pool and eating area are also spotless. The local greek dishes Elena and Andreas cooked for us were second to none. They have a very extensive menu in their cafe/bar.
We were lucky in that we met some really lovely families while we were there and as well chatting by the pool and over lunch we also had a few drinks with them in the evening.
There was a fabulous play area for the younger children also which kept them entertained.

Roda itself is lovely, its a small greek town with lots of tavernas, bars and shops. Food and drink is very reasonable, and there's a great atmosphere at night time.
It was one of the most relaxing holidays I've ever had.

I could go on and on, suffice to say "I will be back"
Thank you for a wonderful holiday !!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

The first thing I want to say about Andreas and Elana is how they adjusted to the ways of my son. He has Autism. With out being told both very guickly picked up on the things that would "set him off" and did things differently. This turned what could have been a stressful time for me into a wonderful holiday. On many oher occasions they went out of their way to help me in any way they could.
To be honest I haven't a bad word to say about the place. It was only about half full when we were there but meet some lovely people there. Many an enjoyable pint in the bar with Andreas, Elana and other geusts. The food was absoluyely gorgeous and so cheap I didn't even bother makeing breackfast. I would especialy recomend the Mousaka. I could be here all night so just take it from me you won't be disapointed

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank SarahhBrett
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roda
Pegasus Hotel
Roda Beach Resort & Spa
Roda Beach Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Karousades
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,272 reviews

Been to Blue Gardens Apartments? Share your experiences!