“Bistro on the Beach”

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Manalapan, New Jersey
“Bistro on the Beach”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We spent one of the most delightful days at Orient Beach. What made it even more memorable was the delicious pizza and warmed goat salad we ordered for lunch here at Orange Fever. The service and hospitality were terrific. We also rented their cushioned lounge chairs and umbrella for the day $7 each which also came with a potent rum punch or soft drink of your choice. With lunch they offered a complimentary home-made rum aperitif. It topped off a perfect day and look forward to returning again today and trying some of their other menu delights.

• Visited June 2013

Toronto, Ontario
“Best place to relax on Orient Beach!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

The last few times I was in St. Martin, I used to Cafe Zen Concept, but the owners sold the business 2 years ago, and the name was changed to Ethnic. I decided to try Orange Fever, which is right next door, and boy am I glad I did! The service is fantastic: Luc, Olivier and Patrick are all wonderfully friendly and welcoming! The food is terrific. I've had mussels (fresh on Wednesdays and Thursdays, maybe Fridays if they last), several pizzas (very thin, Italian-style crust, and huge!), burgers and salads, all of which were superb. Our group ended up visiting Orange Fever about 5 times over a one-week period! Prices are very reasonable: a beach chair and umbrella is $7 person person (euro = dollars, cash), and included a free drink (beer, wine or rum punch, which is delicious and made fresh to order). Drinks are strong! The mango colada (frozen) is also amazing. Finally, after meals, they serve a wonderful homemade banana rum, which is by far the best I've tasted in St. Maarten/St. Martin.

Coincidentally, we found La Villa restaurant in Grand Case independently, where the food was also truly delicious, and it turns out that both places are run by the same couple (Luc, and his wife Florence). Needless to say, on our next visit to SXM, we will definitely be coming back to Orange Fever, and to La Villa as well!

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank andrewjsl
Columbia, South Carolina
“Great seafood and pizza”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We ate here twice during our trip to Orient Bay--the tuna tartare($15) and mahi mahi ($14) were great and prices can't be beat. Escargot for appetizer was fabulous. We had pizza the first day and it was the best we have had in a long time! We got a pizza to go on second visit after we had our seafood meal to take back to the room for dinner. 6 beer were $10.00. If you pay in cash 1 dollar = 1 euro. View can't be beat. Great meal with casual, fun atmosphere!

• Visited May 2013
NJ
“Great Pizza”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

During four days of our stay in St. Martin, we rented chairs from them at Orient Beach, a good bargain at $7 per person including a free "simple" drink.
For lunch, Margarita Pizza was simply the best we have ever had, better than the ones we ate in NYC or Rome. Dont forget to sprinkle some of their "hot" sauce. It is a huge big bottle on each table. The watery, oily sauce looks more like olive oil than hot sauce. It is not really hot but adds a delightful little zing to the pizza.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank msiqbalmd
Newport News, Virginia
“Not worth the hype”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We decided to spend some time at Orient Beach and went to this food shack because of the reviews I had read. We order a drink and sat down to read the menu. The selection looked pretty good so we decided to eat there, our food was pretty good and the other meals looked pretty good too. The only problem I had was when I asked for him bill they put my drinks on the check, which I had already paid for. I showed it to my server and he went over and spoke to someone for a while and finally came back with the drinks taken off the check. Not sure if I would eat there again, we walked down the beach and saw some other establishments that had better menu selection and nice eating areas.

• Visited April 2013