Hotel La Plantation(Orient Bay)(Great Value!)
$156
  • Breakfast included
Oyster Bay Beach Resort(Oyster Pond)(Great Value!)
$215
$161
  • Pool
Princess Heights Hotel(Oyster Pond)(Great Value!)
$130
Hotels.com
All reviewsminute walkwaikiki beachgrand casecroissantswalking distancest martinloved this hotelfirst floorpool deckbreakfast areasmall hotelcontinental breakfastcrepessecurity gateclean hoteldinner reservationswater pressure
Reviewed July 12, 2017

We recently spent a night a Palm Court and it was lovely. The room was clean and nicely appointed with a large shower and a nice galley kitchenette. The pool is a great addition, reception area and staff are very accommodating, the grounds are comfortable and there is gated parking. There is a lovely continental breakfast included. We went to the beach after checking out but they were kind enough to let us take a quick shower and change in the library (another great addition). We will definitely stay here in the future for a longer time.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2017

My wife and I stayed at Palm court back in May for a week. And it was the first 3 star I was able to coax my wife to stay in :)
So bare in mind, I am writing this as a person who basically only goes to 5 star resorts. The first thing, and obvious to many, is that the star rating has little to do with how nice a place is. It’s about the amenities that are offered. There can be really nice 3 stars, and rather bad 5 stars. Although 5 stars tend to be nicer. That said, this was a very nice place. The smallish hotel is comprised of 3 main buildings with 7 units each. That’s 3 floors, with 3, 3 and 1 rooms per level. I believe some or all of the top floors are owned outright and not available, although that may have just been something I was told to not ask for the “penthouse”. All of the buildings point towards the pool and small cabin where breakfast is served. The smallish grounds are quite nicely finished with trimmed bushes, trees, and crushed stone. The pool, smallish as well and is simple but clean and nice. I only saw an occasional swimmer in the mornings but that is probably because the beach is 1 or 2 minutes away. The rooms themselves were large by hotel standards, your typical rectangle arrangement. The decore is decent, not amazing, but nice enough. Each room has a small kitchenette with bar fridge, dual burner hot plate, sink, and pretty much all of the plates/cutlery/glasses you would need for simple meals. We did not cook as we were not staying that long.
Depending on the room, you will find one or two king beds (the two rooms we saw). They were decent beds, but no plush pillow tops here.
The bathrooms were clean, with okay water pressure. Enough to get the job done, but not really exhilarating. Of course, higher floors were not as good for pressure. No shortage of towels, and yes they give you beach towels. As I note, the rooms are clean and large, but show a little wear. Nothing offensive, but do not expect a brand new place. The rooms came with a decent 32” approx. LCD TV, a good selection of English and Spanish shows. We initially stayed in a first floor room as there were no upper levels available before being moved upstairs. The lower room was nice in that there is more water pressure, and you can walk out directly to the pool area. On the other hand, the upper floors are a little quieter and it’s nice to have a balcony. I also think the second floor room seemed in a little better condition, but note we only saw these two rooms. Well, I did see a third room. All rooms have auto locking sliding doors that you CANNOT open from outside. There is a sign. However, returning from the beach to meet my wife I came out onto the balcony with a little too much excitement and closed the sliding door. It clicked shut and we were trapped. Because it was the middle of the day, there was no one around. After waiting it out for 30 minutes, I started looking around and noticed that the neighbours had left the sliding door open. Escape! I hopped balconies and exited via their apartment (they were not home). I then went and found a cleaning woman to lock it as they do not auto lock. So two lessons learned: 1) do not lock yourself out 2) be aware that a daredevil can get into your room if you leave your door open. I considered not mentioning this as I do not want to ruin anyone’s sense of security, but the truth is I think you are safe during the day and not many people are likely to do what I did.
The breakfast is quite simple. Fresh pain au chocolat, croissants, fruit salad, luncheon meat and cheese. Fresh juice and hot drinks. There was a really nice woman working there keeping the food stocked who would also make you an eggs and meat type breakfast. I was never tempted as the price was quite steep (seemed like $15+ but I may be wrong on that). It’s a decent amount of food to get you going for the day.
The hotel is probably <400 feet from the sea and the beach. They have an agreement that you can get a recliner and umbrella in a couple of areas (to the left and right of the beach access). The beach itself (Orient beach) is quite nice, long and of light brown sand. There was some sea weed both in the water, and here and there washed up. This is a public beach, not a private beach meaning that they do not appear to have crews dredging the seaweed and making everything pristine as you may find on a private resort. That said, the water is clean, you can avoid the weeded areas, and just enjoy yourself. There are lots of activity places, bars, and places to eat on the beach (we were there at the beginning of low season, so I get the feeling more things would be open in the winter). That said, it was still a moderately busy beach. And yes, if you walk far enough, you will reach the nude beach.
Between the hotel and beach, there is a small court yard with 6 or 7 formal restaurants. We tried 3 of them, and fell in love with one of the Italian ones. Also in the area are a couple of mini-marts, lunch places, and a take-out pizza place. You will have no problem finding something to eat, with the only possible issue is that the food is on the pricey side. If you have a car, there are lots of restaurants on the French side within a 15 minute drive. It’s also a good time to note that there is a secure parking lot attached to the hotel for your car.
We chose to forgo SUnwing's bus ride back to the airport, and drove ourselves. At least for us Canadians, the bus seems to cater to the larger chain resorts (i.e. Riu), and we were the last to be dropped off (and presumably, we would be the first to be picked up, shortening our vacation). Note that the driving and traffic conditions are a subject all to themselves. In general, I think the rule is that on the French side the traffic is reasonable. Getting back to the Dutch side requires some planning to avoid the various rush hours, which can be significant.
Finally, I’d like to say that the woman who runs the place (I assume she is the manager ?Anne?) was very nice, perhaps even the reason for much of the success of the place. Very helpful, good natured and makes you feel welcome.
Oh yeah. And there are tree frogs at night. Love tree frogs.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Larrabee
Reviewed July 6, 2017

Excellent service from Management and staff. The room was spacious, clean and brightly decorated. Cleaning service prompt and thorough. The breakfast was simple yet good, fresh fruit and bread everyday.
The hotel was walking distance to the beach area, restaurants and shops. Highly recommended !

Stayed: May 2017, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed June 29, 2017

My friend and I actually rented a room here through Airbnb, but thought a review would still be relevant. The property is very clean and well appointed. The grounds are abundant with interesting foliage that's well attended to. The pool area is smallish, but charming and feels like a backyard pool area. The room (KazaTom) was well decorated and furnished with plenty of amenities for a lovely stay. The property also offers a security gate. Only a block from the Orient Beach with water sports, restaurants, and shopping.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank ORTravelBug11
Reviewed June 28, 2017

This hotel was perfect and just what we expected. The room were big, nice and clean. The breakfast was very tasty and everybody was super nice. It was our first family vacation with a 4 month old and it was perfect !

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family