“Everything we had was delicious!!!”
Review of Astrolabe

Astrolabe
Ranked #8 of 35 Restaurants in Orient Bay
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: In a magical place in the heart of Orient Bay, you will discover L'Astrolable Restaurant with its thousand facets. Dinner by the pool, or in a tropical garden, everything that you expect will be there : Home, Service, Musical Ambiance, Of course, exceptional cuisine And also, organisation of events as wedding, banquets ...
Augusta, Georgia
“Everything we had was delicious!!!”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We went for the "lobster party" which isn't really a party but you do get a better value for your meal that night.

I ordered the lobster and my husband had the sole. We also sampled the foie gras trio which was excellent and the cheese soup. Yum! It was funny the waiter asked if I liked cheese when I ordered it...just to be sure. Do I like cheese?? I ate the entire bowl!

My husband and I usually split entrees because we eat light...but we ate it all at this restaurant because it was so good!

Good service, quiet intimate atmosphere by the pool. They were booked on reservations the night we went but we checked in on our way back from the beach and they told us to come at 8;30 and something should be available. They even gave us each a complimentary glass of bubbles while we waited about 10 minutes at the bar for our table!

The lobster was amazing...as was everything else. Great presentation.

• Visited April 2012

• Korean first
New York, NY
“A Civilized Meal”
Reviewed February 11, 2012

It's hard to judge the restaurant. I had the foie gras trilogy to start. I'd never had foie gras before and didn't love it so it's difficult to judge the quality. But, the filet mignon I had was very good and not overcooked. The creme brulee was also very tasty. My wife had a seafood soup that she enjoyed, but the scallops she order as an entree were severely undercooked.

Tables are arranged outdoors around the pool. It's a quiet and civilized placed and somehow feels more formal than restaurants in Grand Case. We also ate at Le Pressoir and Tastevin and I would rank L'Astrolabe second in this group behind Le Pressoir.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Goweje
Middlebury, Vermont
“Astrolabe -Why That Name?”
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Astrolabe is the main restaurant of the Esmerelda Reort. It has seating both inside and outside. You MUST have a reservation as they are always busy. The service is good and the presentations are lovely. The prices are high but they are at all the nice restaurants. Some nights they have entertainment. We would definitely recommend this restaurant. We ate here twice during our nine day stay.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank kathyincornwall
West Des Moines, Iowa
“Elegance in Orient Bay”
Reviewed February 3, 2012

We dined by the pool. The sommelier was excellent and introduced us to a new white. The service, overall, was very attentive but not intrusive. Our seafood meals were fresh and tasty with the sole beautifully deboned table side.

Washington, DC
“Needs some updating, but food was very good!”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I'd read a review in Fodors about this place and wanted to check it out. The website pics are a little deceiving only because i thought it would be bigger or some reason. The crowd trended older and seemed about a 70/30 split American/Euro. We sat right next to the pool, which was lovely. I wasn't starving, so i had a salad and the lobster ravioli appetizer, both of which were really great. My husband got the lobster pasta main course and we had a bottle of wine. His pasta was also great. Be prepared: this meal was not cheap. I think our final bill was somewhere around $172 before tip.

• Visited January 2012