“Amazingly beautiful, but now good for kids -m-”
Review of Orient Bay Beach

$100.00*
4-Hour Quad ATV Adventure from Philipsburg
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Orient Bay
Reviewed June 3, 2006

this beach is incredible. It is absolutely gorgeous, and there are many interesing little shops and restaurants to see. The tide, however, was quite rough, and since we had our two young children with us, we didn't stay too long.

7  Thank Carla G
Write a ReviewReviews (4,584)

Reviewed March 9, 2006

Orient Beach is our favorite place in the world. The main thing to remember is that it is not American, so don't expect American attitudes. For instance, it is considered rude for a wait person to bring your "ticket" without you having asked for it.

Dining is considered an experience, not a quick bite.

We've dined in numerous places along the beach from Papagayo at Club Orient to Boo Boo Jam at the other end of the beach and have always been treated fine.

Forget the pina colada; you're on St. Martin. Get a guavaberry colada instead. Both the Perch Bar and Pedros make excellent ones.

Dancing with locals at Boo Boo Jams can also be a great experience. The Tiko Tiko nude cruise is an all-day experience, and you don't have to be nude -- but most everyone else will be.

We've snorkled; we've parasailed but mostly we've relaxed on that wonderful beach and made friends quite easily.

Remember the Orient Beach theme of "nobody knows you; nobody cares" and you can have a wonderful experience.

41  Thank ardancer
A TripAdvisor Member
Quebec
Reviewed March 6, 2006

We visited Orient Beach just last week, it was one of our ports of call during our cruise. We docked in Philipsburg and took a cab over to Bikini Beach, rented two chairs $12 and an umbrella $3 and enjoyed the turquoise water and white sandy beach. It was busy as two cruise ships were in town but it did not feel over crowded. The beach sellers were out but a simple no thank you did the trick. Food is expensive so remember to bring lots of money. We had a lovely day, the water was crystal clear, nice waves, warm water, perfect! We will definitely return!

17  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 27, 2006

I heard so much about this beach that I had to see it!!! I was NOT disappointed. Plenty of beach front and concessions! The water is crystal clear (we filled a glass bottle and it was totally clear!). The sand is soft and clean.
The people watching is...... entertaining.
Plenty of water sports too. The only downside is the constant hawking of wares from the locals selling stuff on the beach.
THIS BEACH IS A 10+
I cannot wait to return!!!!

ps. had my 13 year old daughter with me and she had a blast as well. Despite it's reputation as a nude beach it is VERY family oriented.

17  Thank whereISthebeach?
A TripAdvisor Member
NY
Reviewed November 25, 2005

I visited Orient Beach during off-season (Aug 2005) and enjoyed it. The beach was not overcrowded. I found myself sunbathing four days straight. There were about four bars and restaurants open (again, it was off-season). The food was PRETTY expensive (e.g. $8 USD for a cheeseburger and fries). The drinks were so delicious. (You must have a pina colada and strawberry dacquiri).

I do plan to visit again, during on-season (Jan-Mar).

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member