“Touristy Beach but fun”

$60.00*
Jet Ski Rental at Orient Bay Beach
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Orient Bay
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Luckily I knew what to expect - think Waikiki or Cabo...but fortunately my condo was on the very quiet end of the beach (the opposite end from the nude section) and it was like another world at that end. I don't like paying for beach chairs and I don't need a waiter to bring me my drinks (I pack them!) so I avoided all the crowded and cheesy "beach clubs." If you plan ahead, bring beach towels and snacks/adult beverages, and walk past all the beach clubs and pick your perfect (and free) spot to enjoy the ocean. I did spend one afternoon in the nude section (chair was $7 US I think) just to say I did it, and yes the crowd is a bit more "mature" and not exactly swimsuit model types, but it was quiet and there were no beach vendors trying to sell their trinkets. My favorite beach was actually Cupecoy as it is bit hard to find and the ocean was very sandy, not rocky like many other beaches there.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

While at Orient Bay, we enjoyed parasailing with Kontiki watersports. The food at the Kontiki beach restaurant was great and generous.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Went on an excursion to orient beach. Beach was clean and beautiful. The draw back, is all the locals constantly coming over to you selling everything and anything. Would be more relaxing without all the locals and their hard sell.

1  Thank misoangry
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

It's a pretty beach with lots of food options and water activities. It was also incredibly crowded, especially over the holidays and when cruise ships arrived. (Waikiki Beach's New Year's Eve party, loud dance music included, lasted until 5am.) If all of this sounds appealing, you'll love Orient Beach. We prefer quieter (and incredibly beautiful) Anguilla during this part of the year.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Went to Orient Bay expecting a better beach experience than the Westin in Oyster Bay. Could not have been more wrong. Waikiki club has stuffed so many chairs into their patch of the beach that you cannot even walk from your chair to the beach, in fact we couldn't even see the beach from our chairs except through masses of umbrellas. Very disappointing. Service was awful as there were just 2 people trying to serve hundreds and hundreds of guests. Overcharged ridiculously badly, the told us it was 20 for each chair. We had 4 chairs so that was 80. They didn't provide chair cushions, and they don't provide towels. It turns out that was EURO -- so they converted it at 1.38 to the dollar. 4 hours on the beach cost us (with a $22 hamburger) $150 with tip. Total ripoff. Suggest staying away from Orient Beach. The activities weren't available -- 2 floating trampolines were "broken". Jet skis were priced at $90 for a HALF HOUR. This place seems to be set up to rip off the cruise crowd. We visited several smaller and more appealing beach areas and towns -- Grand Case is a nice little town to visit, and Friars Beach is an out-of-the-way, lovely and low-key beach. Chairs were 4 for $30.

1  Thank John S