“Nicest beach on the island” 4 of 5 bubbles

St. Maarten Combo Tour: Butterfly Farm and Orient Bay
NW Arkansas
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Nicest beach on the island”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Once you get past the nudity, this was the nicest beach on the island. It's very long, and the further away you get from the Beach Club on the right end, the less nudity you'll see.

We enjoyed sitting under our umbrella and watching the parade go by. There are also some nice places for lunch (see my review of Aloha), so you can make it a nice long visit.

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“This beach offers it all.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

This is a beautiful beach that has all the amenities you need for a great day! This is a very busy beach. There are a lot of people, restaurants, chairs, activities, and taxis. The beach is amazing. It is a great family beach, there are some topless women but nothing inappropriate. The nudist colony is well to the south end of the beach so if you get offended by nudity, don't walk down there.
I loved this beach and would not hesitate to go back.

1 Thank Haggerswagger
Austin, Texas
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Parasailing on Orient Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

After reading a ton of reviews and opinions about parasailing I decided this was the port to do it. I had a blast!. I would recommend this activity on Orient Beach in St. Maarten, and you don't have to book it a an excursion from the ship!
My daughters and I skipped the excursion desk for St. Maarten and I am so happy we did. At the end of the pier is a taxi stop, we hopped on with another group and took off for Orient beach. Once there we got chairs and an umbrella for $8 per person (included a drink for each person) and had a home camp. We walked the beach, swam, and went down to the water sports kiosk. They charged us 100 EU for 3 people and it was a deal. The ride out to the boat on a jet ski was scary...
The parasailing was SOOOO fun. I'm really glad that I went with the kids, a great memory was made that day.
OK, Orient beach has a nudist area, we didnt go down there, there were topless women on the beach where we were, who cares? I have seen tons (literally) of man boobs and nobody is freaked out so I don't freak about about women either. My kids were very blase about it as well.
There are plenty of places for food, pricey and cheap, drinks, chairs, shopping, and the taxi driver will come back for you if you prearrange it.
I recommend this way to spend the day on St. Maatren.

2 Thank crapsshooter
Jersey Shore
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“Many interesting views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

This is the first time that I've been to a beach that people could walk around nude but I have to say that 99% of the people there were clothed. The beach is long with great sand and great waves in the water. There are vendors walking around trying to sell you stuff or want to braid your hair but they didn't bug you. If you told them 'no', they kept moving. Very nice!

1 Thank WaterfallsLover
Brandon, Mississippi, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Shoreexcursioneer Orient Bay Excursion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

On my recent Celebrity Summit cruise, February 23, 2013, we used Shoreexcursioneer to visit Orient Bay Beach in St Marten. Our excursion was February 28, 2013. I booked this excursion online and it was one of the best beach days ever. The cost was $55 per person and well worth the expense. My daughter and I were picked up at the Tourist information Desk about a 2 minute walk from the dock by Twin Island Excursions and driven straight to the beach. We were taken to the part of the beach at Kakao (spelling?) Restaurant and Bar. Our excursion included a drink and 2 lounges and an umbrella to begin with. Lunch was also included at the restaurant with our choice of chicken, fish or ribs plus drink. All the tables were private cabana types. The food was excellent and freshly prepared . We had the chicken with salad and fries plus a drink. Our excursion was 5 hours long, 10 AM until 3 PM and we were promptly picked up again by Twin Island Excursions and driven back to our pick-up point in plenty of time to do a little shopping and return to the ship on time. This was a thoroughly wonderful day and we will do it again next cruise.

Visited February 2013