“Most Beautiful Beach”

$100.00*
4-Hour Quad ATV Adventure from Philipsburg
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Orient Bay
Reviewed July 7, 2011

While on a Carnival Victory cruise, we stopped in St. Maartan. After inquiring with the locals about which beach to visit, it was suggested that we visit Orient Beach. We took a 20 minute ride via taxi to Orient Beach ($12 round trip per person). It was very beautiful. Beautiful water, soft white sand, warm summer breeze and the gentle waves rolling on shore. This was paradise.

We were quickly greeted by a very friendly beach vendor that we rented lounge chairs and a beach umbrella for $15. Close by was the Kontiki bar where we sampled a few drinks and an ice old beer.

We were told before our ride here that it's a European style beach, clothing optional beach. On the end of the beach, we noticed about a dozen or so women that were walking the beach topless. We were told that the far end of the beach is a clothing optional nude beach. We didn't venture down that far.

The only disappointment was the fact that we had to leave. We are already making plans to come back to the beach for an extended stay.

8  Thank Jim H
Write a ReviewReviews (4,584)

Reviewed July 4, 2011

I took my family to this beach while cruising the Carnival Victory. It was a 6 dollar taxi ride(U.S. Each way I have a family of 6) and we went to La Sting. We rented a chair and umbrella for 7.00 each and enjoyed the beautiful view of the sand and ocean. I have 4 kids that range 17-11 boys and a girl I say this because you are on the French side and clothing is optional. If you stay to the left side looking at the ocean the majority have swim suites on. Yes, a few people walked by without tops it was not an issue with me or my kids no one was scared for life.

We had lunch at La String and the staff was great, you get a drink token with your chair rental and it is any drink you want! We had lunch and the portions are generous and the food was great!

Hope this helps for families and cruisers

16  Thank Wildred6
Reviewed June 24, 2011

We, as many folks probably, had to stop by St Martin's clothing optional beach. Swim suits notwithstanding, this is one gorgeous beach. It is long, with clothed and naturalist sections, beautiful sand and water, plenty of available chairs and umbrellas (for a fee), available rentals of jet skis, wind surfing, kite boarding. It is not easy to find - you wander through an extensive residential area to reach it, but is well worth the effort!

Reviewed June 23, 2011

Orient beach was itself was beautiful. I could have done without the nudity though. I was with my 9 yr old daughter and 15 yr old son. The 9 yr old immediately found another girl her age and the two of them pointed and snickered at the topless women and barely clad men. My 15 yr old was embarassed to be sitting with me while these people strolled by.

The ocean was much rougher than I had expected but not a problem for my children. I t may have been an issue for younger children.

We were on an excursion from our cruise ship and lunch on the beach was included. The food was ok (not much variety - two choices) but the service left alot to be desired. think that

2  Thank CruisingMomof2
Reviewed June 22, 2011

This beach is beautiful. There are plenty of places to eat and to rent chairs. Walk around before choosing where to get your chairs-- prices vary greatly. Some places include two chairs an umbrella and two free drinks for less than what some charge for chairs only. It is easy to avoid the nude beach if you want to-- it is secluded and clearly marked.

7  Thank MeggygNJ