“A Touch of Paradise”

Green Cay Villas
New Jersey
“A Touch of Paradise”
Reviewed May 25, 2008

This was our second visit to Green Cay Villas and we found the service, the accommodations and the helpfulness of the staff to be as wonderful as our first visit.

The front desk personnel, Nathalie and Bridgette, went beyond just helping us complete arrangements. They offered so many helpful suggestions that made our stay on the island a truly joyful experience. Any request we presented them with was never considered a bother nor was it ever ignored.

We have been visiting St. Martin since 1983 but we have never experience this kind of friendliness. Our next return will definitely be to Green Cay Villas.

The Daniele Family

• Liked — Private pool and luxurious living quarters plus the proximity to Orient Beach
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank CLD387

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
rboscher55@hotmail.com
Reviewed December 9, 2007

We arrived on the island a couple of days after Thanksgiving. We are repeat customers of Green Cay and have always found the property spotless and the help very helpful and friendly. The front desk personnel were excellent as usual. Each morning French breads and pastries were delivered between 8-8:15. A really nice touch. The views are very good and the location is close to Orient Beach (about a 5 minute walk). Almost alwasy something going on at the beach. There are plenty of options for eating and any other activities you may want to be involved in (or just stay at your villa and enjoy the peace and tranquility). It's always hard to leave. My wife and I always have a small lump in our throats when we have to leave but always anticipate the return. Definitely well worth the trip. In our case we lft the beautiful 90 degree weather and returned to the midwest sleat, rain and snow.

• Liked — Privacy
  • Disliked — mosquitoes
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Greencay
Westfield, New Jersey
Reviewed October 11, 2007

I divided my honeymoon between Anguilla (Shoal Bay West) and St. Martin. If you have an opportunity to do so, take the 15 minute ferry ride to Anguilla from Marigot Bay. It only costs $15 a person each way. Although the beaches of St. Martin are not of the equivalent of Anguilla, the villas made up for it. The pictures on the website do not do it any justice. We requested the most private villa with the best views and we got Villa 5 which was nestled in a hill. As we entered we could not believe this huge villa was all ours! It was equipped a kitchen, living room, outside living room which overlook the plunge pool, 3 bedrooms with its own bathroom, one extra bathroom outside to use when you are occupying the pool, small backyard with grill (charcoal and BBQ tools available upon request) and the deck overlooking the pool is big and provides 4 comfortable lounge chairs with umbrellas. The maid comes every morning around 7 a.m. to drop off the Miami Herald and a basket of croissants and muffins. We got tired of the cold breakfast and I just fed it the cats that would keep us company in the backyard :) Because I love animals so much I even bought cat food at the nearest grocery store and fed them during my stay. The refrigerator came stocked with a bottle of champagne, bottled water, butter, jams, expired OJ :( ,etc. Please note that the hotel fee includes the tip for the maid, pool boy, gardener, etc. We found this out because on the morning of our last day, the maid left a large white envelope on the kitchen counter with "tip" written on it. I thought this to be a bit tacky and assuming, so I asked the front desk if our hotel fee included the maid's tip. My fiance was insistent upon leaving a tip anyway, so we left $20 U.S. dollars.

NOW THE NEGATIVE:
I got so many mosquito bites my skin started to welt and I was on the verge of tears because it was unbearable--AND THIS WAS WITH BUG SPRAY. If you decide to stay here, bring bug spray and many citronella candles for every room. I'm not kidding. IAlso, in an effort to rid our bedroom of mosquitoes, before we left one night, my fiance sprayed the room with bug spray. When we returned back several hours later, there were 3 dead roaches on the floor. It should be noted that up until that time I had not seen one living roach. I guess they just comes with the tropical climate. When you are sunbathing on the deck be aware of who may be on the road as my fiance caught the gardener staring at me from the road. Because the road is steep, our deck was even to the top of the road. Just hang towels over the deck ledge and you should be okay. When you go to use the beaches in St. Martin, be aware that they will charge you to use the lounge chairs ranging from $5 to $10 per chair depending on what becah you are at. If you have enoigh roomi n yourluggage, pring folding chairs with you. You'll be happy you did.

THINGS TO DO: Try Club BLISS on the Dutch side for a great night of dancing and awesome music. QClub in the casino district was not very good as all they played was hip hop music-nothing else. Visit the casinos on the Dutch side as they have the best restaurants in my opinion. Rent a car since it so much cheaper than having to constantly pay for cabfare. We got a rate of $25 per day for a mid-sized care which was haggled down from $35. More than likely, you have a credit card that covers rental cars, youmay not even know it--therefore, there is no need to pay for insurance from these rental agencies. Rhino Safaris is a great excursion and is worth it. You navigate your own boat and follow the tour guide as he takes you around the coast f St.Martin eventually leading you to an island where you can snorkel. Should youwish to do any shopping whatsoever, do not shopon the French side, unless youlike throwing your money away. Buy everythingon the Dutch side. Ex: A bottle of shampoo at the grocery store down the road from Green Cay Villas, sold in euro is equivalent to $10 U.S. dollars.

• Liked — privacy
  • Disliked — bugs
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank EttaBarb
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed September 12, 2007

When my husband and I were planning our trip to St. Martin we came to a slight impasse-he wanted a private villa and I wanted the service of a hotel. Green Cay Villas fulfilled both of our desires! The staff is of the highest quality and the accomidations were perfect. We have a semi-private living room to entertain in, the breakfast was very good and of generous proporations, and the bedroom and bath were extremely comfortable and clean. The views from our villa were to die for and even though the island is compact we had more privacy than we had expected. Plus it is centrally located to everything the French side of the island has to offer. Our applause to Bridgette and her staff for making our stay amazing!

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gsdva
Sterling, Virginia
Reviewed November 15, 2006

The staff is just WONDERFUL! Couldn't ask for better people but the rooms/villas are blah. Nothing special. Stay there if you want the area - easy access to Beach, Food, Bar, etc. If you want extraordinary accomodations, this is not your place.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Overall design of the villas
  • Tips/Secrets — Good value, but expect luxury
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank MrsCapt
Providenciales
Reviewed November 1, 2006

I just returned from another fabulous stay at Green Cay. Once again, the villa was immaculate, the daily breakfasts a real treat and the staff wonderful. Yanick, Brigitte and Linda are now like family and I can't imagine staying anywhere else!

• Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
4 Thank dejs
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 29, 2006

I loved Green Cay ! It was awesome... the most beautiful place (in my eyes) in the world! I absolutly loved the villa i stayed in with my family, the private pool is a great thing to have...The view of Orient Bay was gorgeous, I have stayed in Green Cay two times and i will be back this June and staying in the same villa for 10 days! I cant wait to return ! :)

• Stayed May 2002
The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten
Grand Case Beach Club
Grand Case Beach Club
#3 of 8 in Grand Case

Been to Green Cay Villas? Share your experiences!