We visited Orient Beach for the 4th time in May and stayed at Esmeralda for the 1st time. Probably not the last.
I don't have much to add to the previous reviews. We also stayed in the lowest grade room and found it more than suitable. Clean, quiet and comfortable.
The almost private pool was especially welcome and it made for easy late evening or early morning swims to cool off or just for fun. The lounge chairs around it made for a pleasant, shady respite from the hot sun at midday and we never had to share the space with others.
We spent the entire week in the Baie Orientale area as the beach restaurants provide great lunches at varying prices (some near the more crowded south end of the beach are almost reasonably priced) and for dinners the restaurants around the square in the village (a 10 minute walk at most) were more than satisfactory with prices lower than those in Grand Case. The small grocery store provided wine, beer, bread, milk and other basics.
L'Astrolabe (Esmeralda's own restaurant) proved to be an excellent choice one evening (it also had special lobster and surf and turf nights with live music) . The restaurant at La Plantation almost directly across the road was also very good, and very close.
The staff at the hotel and at Coco Beach were very friendly and helpful (they didn't even laugh at me...at least not while I was within earshot.... when they had to send someone to open the room safe that I had somehow managed to lock without knowing the combination ).
Instead of being upset by the early morning naturists I would recommend joining them and maybe going down to Club O for a skinny dip sometime during the day. No one will worry about what you look like or what you are or are not wearing and the feeling of freedom just might motivate you to to join them for a morning stroll while the temperatures are moderate and the sand gravity hasn't become too strong.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ESMERALDA RESORT, situated on the magnificent white sands of Orient Bay in French St. Martin offers just 65 rooms and suites spread among elegant tropical gardens in 17 villas. Esmeralda is the only four star hotel in St Martin on Orient Beach.Esmeralda's Coco Beach Bar offers beachfront lunch & cocktails. L'Astrolabe, the resort's fine dining restaurant offers French Creole and Continental cuisine. Guests receive dining privileges at 12 + restaurants in Orient Bay. Only minutes to more fine dining,shopping and entertainment. Rooms include a kitchenette, king bed, sitting area and patio. What makes this property so special is it's unique plantation style layout with only four rooms or suites per villa. For privacy, each villa has its own swimming pool and each accommodation has its own private entrance and terrace... Guests may reserve anything from a single superior or deluxe room or a generous sized suite or an entire 3 - 5 bedroom villa. Due to the way this resort in St Martin is situated on the property that is perpendicular to the beach there is limited availability in the two ocean front villas that include the Presidential Suites and deluxe oceanfront rooms. All superior and deluxe rooms include kitchenettes. Suites offer full kitchens and large living rooms. Guests enjoy the peaceful surroundings and a cordial, pampering yet unobtrusive on-site multi-lingual staff prepared to assist with any special needs. Esmeralda offers free use of beach chairs & umbrellas. Each accommodation has a fully equipped kitchenette (suites have fully equipped kitchens including dishwasher), large tile bath with hair dryer plus a 110 outlet for shavers only, color satellite TV, room safe, air conditioning with ceiling fan, daily maid service. All bedrooms have Color TV by satellite (8 channels and video system), telephone, private safe, A/C, ceiling fan, private, furnished terrace, kitchenette with micro wave, electric coffee pot, refrigerator and dishes. SUPERIOR, DELUXE AND OCEANFRONT ROOMS: King or two double beds, kitchenette. Maximum occupancy: 2 people. Superior rooms have garden view and are generally located further from the beach. Deluxe rooms are a bit larger located nearer the pool. Oceanfront rooms are located nearest the beach. SUPERIOR SUITES: Spacious living room and bedroom area with king size four poster bed and full size pull-out sofa bed plus a fully equipped kitchen. Maximum occupancy: 2 adults & 2 children. PRESIDENTIAL SUITES: Large dining and living room area with full size sofa bed, separate master bedroom with king size colonial bed, TV in living room and master bedroom, 1 1/2 baths, radio/cassette/CD player and fully equipped kitchen. Suite is oceanfront. Maximum occupancy: 4 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Esmeralda Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esmeralda Hotel Orient Bay
- Esmeralda Hotel Marigot
- Esmeralda Resort Marigot
- Esmeralda St Martin
- Esmeralda Resort St Martin
- Renaisance Esmeralda Resort