Esmeralda resort is located on Orient Beach, with a beautiful mountain viewl. When you check in, you are given a card with your room #, and your check out date. You can use this card to charge food/drinks at any of the restaurants listed on the back of the card. I think there are about 5 you can use your "hotel card" at.
My husband and I stayed in the Oceanfront Deluxe Suite Villa for our honeymoon, and absolutely loved it! It is the group of villa's closest to the beach. And even though you do not have a great view of the ocean, you can certainly hear the sound of the waves crashing all night...which I loved!!!
The room was huge with a King size bed, and a very large bathroom as well. The refrigerator, sink and microwave were also useful to have. We sat out on our private patio each night and had drinks, and listened to the ocean. Each group of villas has their own pool to share, however, we never saw anyone using the pool, and it felt completely private. We read many reviews that people had written about thin walls, and hearing their neighbors, but we did not have this issue at all. We never heard anyone at all...it was very quiet and peaceful.
Continental Breakfast is included at the L'Astorlabe Restaurant which is across from Reception. It is good, and definitely worth going to in the morning. Especially since they serve breakfast until 10:30 am...we found that AWESOME! We actually never ate dinner here though because there are so many other good restaurants in the area. Orient Village is very close (just down the street) and has many good restaurants to choose from. They open around 6 for dinner...and are open fairly late. We were still there around 11 one night. There is also a market in Orient Village where you can buy water, beer, food, etc...
Esmeralda is on Coco Beach, which is the beach/bar & grill in front of the resort. There are many beach bars on Orient Beach, and Coco Beach is really the first one. The "beach boys" that work there are a little pushy, and try to tell you where to lay on the beach, and try to push you into ordering things, just because you can charge it to your room. However, if you walk down the beach a ways, you will find that beers are $2, rather than 6 euros, which is what they charge at Coco beach (AND Kakao, Kontiki, Waikiki, and mostly ALL of the beaches that you can use your "hotel card." Not worth it!) A lot of the restaurants further down the beach from Coco Beach will give you 1 euro for $1 if you pay cash. We found this much better, and did this rather than paying in euros, and paying more in the end. I would suggest taking a walk...there are plenty of excellent places to eat. ALL of these beach restaurants close extremely early though. They start to pick up there beach chairs starting around 3:30 or 4.
I would recommend Esemeralda though, and we would stay again. We really like the privacy of the rooms, and the beautiful spaciousness of it as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ESMERALDA RESORT, situated on the magnificent white sands of Orient Bay in French St. Martin offers just 65 rooms and suites spread among elegant tropical gardens in 17 villas. Esmeralda is the only four star hotel in St Martin on Orient Beach.Esmeralda's Coco Beach Bar offers beachfront lunch & cocktails. L'Astrolabe, the resort's fine dining restaurant offers French Creole and Continental cuisine. Guests receive dining privileges at 12 + restaurants in Orient Bay. Only minutes to more fine dining,shopping and entertainment. Rooms include a kitchenette, king bed, sitting area and patio. What makes this property so special is it's unique plantation style layout with only four rooms or suites per villa. For privacy, each villa has its own swimming pool and each accommodation has its own private entrance and terrace... Guests may reserve anything from a single superior or deluxe room or a generous sized suite or an entire 3 - 5 bedroom villa. Due to the way this resort in St Martin is situated on the property that is perpendicular to the beach there is limited availability in the two ocean front villas that include the Presidential Suites and deluxe oceanfront rooms. All superior and deluxe rooms include kitchenettes. Suites offer full kitchens and large living rooms. Guests enjoy the peaceful surroundings and a cordial, pampering yet unobtrusive on-site multi-lingual staff prepared to assist with any special needs. Esmeralda offers free use of beach chairs & umbrellas. Each accommodation has a fully equipped kitchenette (suites have fully equipped kitchens including dishwasher), large tile bath with hair dryer plus a 110 outlet for shavers only, color satellite TV, room safe, air conditioning with ceiling fan, daily maid service. All bedrooms have Color TV by satellite (8 channels and video system), telephone, private safe, A/C, ceiling fan, private, furnished terrace, kitchenette with micro wave, electric coffee pot, refrigerator and dishes. SUPERIOR, DELUXE AND OCEANFRONT ROOMS: King or two double beds, kitchenette. Maximum occupancy: 2 people. Superior rooms have garden view and are generally located further from the beach. Deluxe rooms are a bit larger located nearer the pool. Oceanfront rooms are located nearest the beach. SUPERIOR SUITES: Spacious living room and bedroom area with king size four poster bed and full size pull-out sofa bed plus a fully equipped kitchen. Maximum occupancy: 2 adults & 2 children. PRESIDENTIAL SUITES: Large dining and living room area with full size sofa bed, separate master bedroom with king size colonial bed, TV in living room and master bedroom, 1 1/2 baths, radio/cassette/CD player and fully equipped kitchen. Suite is oceanfront. Maximum occupancy: 4 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, West Indies, Odigeo, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and BookIt.com so you can book your Esmeralda Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esmeralda Hotel Orient Bay
- Esmeralda Hotel Marigot
- Esmeralda Resort Marigot
- Esmeralda St Martin
- Esmeralda Resort St Martin
- Renaisance Esmeralda Resort