We stayed here for 3 nights in a deluxe suite with a deluxe room connector. We had never stayed here before but were told the property had gone through renovations and was refreshed. The reason we considered it was because we have always enjoyed Orient beach and there is a special part of Orient we enjoy and that is the beach bar/restaurant attached to this property which is Coco beach. Coco is uncrowded and the food and service in our opinion are the best on Orient.
The rooms were in our opinion adequate. The air condition, which is new, worked great and the bathrooms which were somewhat redone were very nice. Between the 2 rooms we had 3 tv's and only one of them was working. We called the front desk twice and were told someone would come to fix it. No one ever did.
We paid $1100 per night for the 2 rooms and for that price point you would think the suite/room would have the basics: bathrobe, slippers, bottled water, and working tv's etc. In the suite there are no dresser drawers or closets. Everything is located outside the bedroom in the hallway which we found to be a bit odd. Internet was free in the lobby but if you wanted it in your room than it was extra. The continental breakfast was fine. The plunge pools attached to each villa worked well after a long day at the beach.
The only reason we would come back here is because it is so close to Orient and especailly Coco beach. The beach and restaurant made our stay memorable. The beach boy Tai is fun and hard working and went the extra mile to make sure we had a great few days. The restaurant staff were all superb and the lunches, especially the fresh red snapper, were great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ESMERALDA RESORT, situated on the magnificent white sands of Orient Bay in French St. Martin offers just 65 rooms and suites spread among elegant tropical gardens in 17 villas. Esmeralda is the only four star hotel in St Martin on Orient Beach.Esmeralda's Coco Beach Bar offers beachfront lunch & cocktails. L'Astrolabe, the resort's fine dining restaurant offers French Creole and Continental cuisine. Guests receive dining privileges at 12 + restaurants in Orient Bay. Only minutes to more fine dining,shopping and entertainment. Rooms include a kitchenette, king bed, sitting area and patio. What makes this property so special is it's unique plantation style layout with only four rooms or suites per villa. For privacy, each villa has its own swimming pool and each accommodation has its own private entrance and terrace... Guests may reserve anything from a single superior or deluxe room or a generous sized suite or an entire 3 - 5 bedroom villa. Due to the way this resort in St Martin is situated on the property that is perpendicular to the beach there is limited availability in the two ocean front villas that include the Presidential Suites and deluxe oceanfront rooms. All superior and deluxe rooms include kitchenettes. Suites offer full kitchens and large living rooms. Guests enjoy the peaceful surroundings and a cordial, pampering yet unobtrusive on-site multi-lingual staff prepared to assist with any special needs. Esmeralda offers free use of beach chairs & umbrellas. Each accommodation has a fully equipped kitchenette (suites have fully equipped kitchens including dishwasher), large tile bath with hair dryer plus a 110 outlet for shavers only, color satellite TV, room safe, air conditioning with ceiling fan, daily maid service. All bedrooms have Color TV by satellite (8 channels and video system), telephone, private safe, A/C, ceiling fan, private, furnished terrace, kitchenette with micro wave, electric coffee pot, refrigerator and dishes. SUPERIOR, DELUXE AND OCEANFRONT ROOMS: King or two double beds, kitchenette. Maximum occupancy: 2 people. Superior rooms have garden view and are generally located further from the beach. Deluxe rooms are a bit larger located nearer the pool. Oceanfront rooms are located nearest the beach. SUPERIOR SUITES: Spacious living room and bedroom area with king size four poster bed and full size pull-out sofa bed plus a fully equipped kitchen. Maximum occupancy: 2 adults & 2 children. PRESIDENTIAL SUITES: Large dining and living room area with full size sofa bed, separate master bedroom with king size colonial bed, TV in living room and master bedroom, 1 1/2 baths, radio/cassette/CD player and fully equipped kitchen. Suite is oceanfront. Maximum occupancy: 4 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, West Indies, Hotels.com, BookIt.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Esmeralda Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esmeralda Hotel Orient Bay
- Esmeralda Hotel Marigot
- Esmeralda Resort Marigot
- Esmeralda St Martin
- Esmeralda Resort St Martin
- Renaisance Esmeralda Resort