We have been to Orient Bay probably 5 times. This time we stayed at La Esmeralda Resort, and loved it. This will be our new 'go to' place. We will definitely return here. We stayed in #48-3, a Deluxe room, which is a large single room with a microwave, sink and refrig.. The location was perfect.
As you'll read other reviews about the semi private pool we initially weren't impressed, thinking we'd never use it. We loved it and used it 2-3 times a day. The proximity of the room to the beach was about one city block. We would come from the beach (at lunch time) and use to pool to cool off and rinse off the salt. The alcohol/food on the beach was pricey so we bought french bread, cheese, chorizo and wine, and had lunch at the room; then back to the beach.
Obviously the beach and sand were perfect and the weather great.
We met many people who have been coming to La Esmeralda for 8+ years, that speaks for itself.
ALL of the people who work there are warm and friendly and very helpful. Leo, the concierge, was very accomodating
As of note they said August they're closed, September for families with small children, October, last month before prices go up.
The restaurant attached, Astrolabe, is phenomenal. Excellent food and great waitstaff.
Of important note: The walls between rooms and suite are VERY thin. Absolutely bring EAR PLUGS if you are a light sleeper. I had read someones review previously about this and was very happy I followed the advice. We had a toddler in the suite next to us...or I should say a 0630 alarm clock......everyday.
Other than the walls...La Esmeralda is a perfect place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ESMERALDA RESORT, situated on the magnificent white sands of Orient Bay in French St. Martin offers just 65 rooms and suites spread among elegant tropical gardens in 17 villas. Esmeralda is the only four star hotel in St Martin on Orient Beach.Esmeralda's Coco Beach Bar offers beachfront lunch & cocktails. L'Astrolabe, the resort's fine dining restaurant offers French Creole and Continental cuisine. Guests receive dining privileges at 12 + restaurants in Orient Bay. Only minutes to more fine dining,shopping and entertainment. Rooms include a kitchenette, king bed, sitting area and patio. What makes this property so special is it's unique plantation style layout with only four rooms or suites per villa. For privacy, each villa has its own swimming pool and each accommodation has its own private entrance and terrace... Guests may reserve anything from a single superior or deluxe room or a generous sized suite or an entire 3 - 5 bedroom villa. Due to the way this resort in St Martin is situated on the property that is perpendicular to the beach there is limited availability in the two ocean front villas that include the Presidential Suites and deluxe oceanfront rooms. All superior and deluxe rooms include kitchenettes. Suites offer full kitchens and large living rooms. Guests enjoy the peaceful surroundings and a cordial, pampering yet unobtrusive on-site multi-lingual staff prepared to assist with any special needs. Esmeralda offers free use of beach chairs & umbrellas. Each accommodation has a fully equipped kitchenette (suites have fully equipped kitchens including dishwasher), large tile bath with hair dryer plus a 110 outlet for shavers only, color satellite TV, room safe, air conditioning with ceiling fan, daily maid service. All bedrooms have Color TV by satellite (8 channels and video system), telephone, private safe, A/C, ceiling fan, private, furnished terrace, kitchenette with micro wave, electric coffee pot, refrigerator and dishes. SUPERIOR, DELUXE AND OCEANFRONT ROOMS: King or two double beds, kitchenette. Maximum occupancy: 2 people. Superior rooms have garden view and are generally located further from the beach. Deluxe rooms are a bit larger located nearer the pool. Oceanfront rooms are located nearest the beach. SUPERIOR SUITES: Spacious living room and bedroom area with king size four poster bed and full size pull-out sofa bed plus a fully equipped kitchen. Maximum occupancy: 2 adults & 2 children. PRESIDENTIAL SUITES: Large dining and living room area with full size sofa bed, separate master bedroom with king size colonial bed, TV in living room and master bedroom, 1 1/2 baths, radio/cassette/CD player and fully equipped kitchen. Suite is oceanfront. Maximum occupancy: 4 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, West Indies, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, TravelUp, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Esmeralda Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esmeralda Hotel Orient Bay
- Esmeralda Hotel Marigot
- Esmeralda Resort Marigot
- Esmeralda St Martin
- Esmeralda Resort St Martin
- Renaisance Esmeralda Resort