We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Esmeralda Resort on Orient Beach from 4/29 to 5/7. It was our first time to stay at this resort, but it won’t be the last. The “villas” are one-story buildings with four rooms each, and each building has its own pool. You rarely see your neighbors, and not many people use the pools, but it’s nice to sit on your deck overlooking the pool and enjoy the scenery, read, drink coffee or cocktails… We had a “basic” room, but it really fulfilled all our needs. It was large with a king-size bed, two night stands, chest of drawers, flat screen TV with satellite, closet with shelves as well as space for hanging garments. There was also a small dining table with two chairs. The bathroom looked like it had been renovated recently with bright aqua tiles, a tub with rain shower head, large mirror and hair dryer. The water closet was separate. The combination safe is also located in the bathroom. There was one day, after a huge storm the previous night, when we had no water for some time during the day, but we were at the beach and wouldn’t even have noticed if another guest hadn’t told us. By late afternoon, we had water…and always plenty of hot water and good pressure. There were always plenty of bath towels, and they provide beach towels as well. We had a kitchenette that was all relatively new. It had a nice stainless steel sink, coffee maker (with filters, but no coffee…bring some), microwave, plenty of counter space, and new dishes/silverware. They also provide dish soap, sponge and tea towel. We had maid service every day, and they did a really good job. Also, the AC was great!
Continental breakfast (tea or coffee, French bread, croissants, juice) which was included in the price of the room was by the pool at the restaurant, L’Astrolabe. They also had a menu with breakfast items for an additional cost. I had scrambled eggs, hash browns and bacon one morning (8€), and it was excellent. The hotel lobby is open and airy. The clerks at the desk were always friendly and helpful. They have a car rental agent as well as a concierge to help you book activities. In the lobby area, you can connect to their Wifi at no charge with your own device or for a fee if you use the computer provided.
Included with the price of your stay is use of two beach chairs and an umbrella at Coco Beach Club. The chairs have nice thick pads on them, and each set of chairs with umbrella is spaced far enough away from the next to give you a feeling of privacy…not true on the south end of the beach. The people at Coco are friendly and helpful, especially the “Beach Boy,” Ty. While we were there, he was the only beach waiter at Coco and did an exceptional job of making sure everyone was taken care of properly. He’s friendly, courteous, personable, smiling, efficient…he’s gotcha covered…need I say more?? The food and service at Coco’s restaurant was excellent as well. Coco is on the north end of Orient Beach, so it doesn’t get quite as much tourist and cruise boat traffic as the south end… which we saw as a plus! There’s always lots of activity both on the water (parasail, jet skis, wind surfing, etc.) and on the beach. Something for everyone.
We had a wonderful time at Esmeralda and are planning to stay there on our next visit to St. Martin. Perfect!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ESMERALDA RESORT, situated on the magnificent white sands of Orient Bay in French St. Martin offers just 65 rooms and suites spread among elegant tropical gardens in 17 villas. Esmeralda is the only four star hotel in St Martin on Orient Beach.Esmeralda's Coco Beach Bar offers beachfront lunch & cocktails. L'Astrolabe, the resort's fine dining restaurant offers French Creole and Continental cuisine. Guests receive dining privileges at 12 + restaurants in Orient Bay. Only minutes to more fine dining,shopping and entertainment. Rooms include a kitchenette, king bed, sitting area and patio. What makes this property so special is it's unique plantation style layout with only four rooms or suites per villa. For privacy, each villa has its own swimming pool and each accommodation has its own private entrance and terrace... Guests may reserve anything from a single superior or deluxe room or a generous sized suite or an entire 3 - 5 bedroom villa. Due to the way this resort in St Martin is situated on the property that is perpendicular to the beach there is limited availability in the two ocean front villas that include the Presidential Suites and deluxe oceanfront rooms. All superior and deluxe rooms include kitchenettes. Suites offer full kitchens and large living rooms. Guests enjoy the peaceful surroundings and a cordial, pampering yet unobtrusive on-site multi-lingual staff prepared to assist with any special needs. Esmeralda offers free use of beach chairs & umbrellas. Each accommodation has a fully equipped kitchenette (suites have fully equipped kitchens including dishwasher), large tile bath with hair dryer plus a 110 outlet for shavers only, color satellite TV, room safe, air conditioning with ceiling fan, daily maid service. All bedrooms have Color TV by satellite (8 channels and video system), telephone, private safe, A/C, ceiling fan, private, furnished terrace, kitchenette with micro wave, electric coffee pot, refrigerator and dishes. SUPERIOR, DELUXE AND OCEANFRONT ROOMS: King or two double beds, kitchenette. Maximum occupancy: 2 people. Superior rooms have garden view and are generally located further from the beach. Deluxe rooms are a bit larger located nearer the pool. Oceanfront rooms are located nearest the beach. SUPERIOR SUITES: Spacious living room and bedroom area with king size four poster bed and full size pull-out sofa bed plus a fully equipped kitchen. Maximum occupancy: 2 adults & 2 children. PRESIDENTIAL SUITES: Large dining and living room area with full size sofa bed, separate master bedroom with king size colonial bed, TV in living room and master bedroom, 1 1/2 baths, radio/cassette/CD player and fully equipped kitchen. Suite is oceanfront. Maximum occupancy: 4 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Esmeralda Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esmeralda Hotel Orient Bay
- Esmeralda Hotel Marigot
- Esmeralda Resort Marigot
- Esmeralda St Martin
- Esmeralda Resort St Martin
- Renaisance Esmeralda Resort