“Great Value on the Beach”
Review of Chez Leandra

Chez Leandra
Ranked #16 of 36 Restaurants in Orient Bay
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed April 1, 2014

First time here afteer vacationing in Orient for several years and we regret not coming here.

The menu is not overly extensive but the food is good, the beers are cheap ($2 US) and they take US=Euro for cash.

One note, the nachos aren't Tex-Mex so I'd avoid them...not bad just not what you'd expect.

Definitely worht a visit

1  Thank MBAX01
There are newer reviews for Chez Leandra

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I reviewed this place earlier and gave it 5 stars, but the conch caesar wrap is different. Maybe, instead of using a caesar dressing this last time, they used a caesar oil? The conch was still very tender, but whatever they used to make it taste like a caesar dressing was very off-putting to where I couldn't eat the other half of my wrap. I loved this place until this last wrap. The husband ordered his own conch caesar wrap and forced himself to eat the other half. He ordered a Philly cheesesteak which had a sweet sauce and he said he wouldn't order it again. I ordered the garlic lobster which I thought was delicious. Prices have gone up and so with our latest experiences, I'd have to give it an average rating. I'm not so sure if we'd return. Service is still very friendly.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

One of the several beach restaurants that rent chairs and umbrellas and make good home-made food. We ate lunch there and the ox-tail stew was delicious! Many different wrap-type sandwiches are also offered and are good. Friendly, efficient staff and you can watch the action on the beach as you dine. These restaurants close at about 5 pm.

1  Thank rustyhead
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We recently visited Chez Leandra on Orient Beach based on the reviews online and it did not disappoint! We ate here twice during our one week vacation. I ordered the fish sandwich which was served on a foot long garlic bread bun with grilled vegetable fixings and a salad and it was absolutely delicious!! Best fish sandwich I've ever had. My hubby ordered the whole fried snapper with a side of salad (both visits) and the fish was fresh and very tasty. Good size too! Try the fresh mango cocktail. . . it is so refreshing and tasty and they actually use fresh mango. Prices were very reasonable and service very good. Highly recommend.

1  Thank LesACanada
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Orient Beach is lined with dining establishments but Chez Leandra was the only one we found that specialized in Caribbean cuisine. We found Chez Leandra further down towards the south end of the beach (to your right when facing the water) and the bright yellow shack is hard to miss if you are keeping an eye out for it. There were no other diners at the time and service was both prompt and very friendly. We sat up front with a view of the beach and water. The food was unpretentious, tasty, and filling. Conch fritters washed down with Carib beer were a pleasure. We chose local Creole dishes - goat curry and oxtail stew - and thoroughly enjoyed those. We chose a typical Caribbean side, peas and rice, with the stews. Analogous with Cajun red beans and rice, the "pigeon pea" is actually a bean. Fried plantains accompanied the peas and rice. Fruity cocktails hit the spot too.

Some of us felt like taking a brief nap after a busy morning and this filling lunch so we decided to spend the rest of the afternoon in this part of the beach. We rented the loungers and umbrella conveniently offered by Chez Leandra and dozed off for a short while to the sound of the waves. What a life.

1  Thank ImmerWandern