“Our best trip yet.......”
Review of Club Fantastico

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Orient Bay
Club Fantastico
Reviewed November 24, 2011

My husband and I had a GREAT experience at Fantastico...location, view, accommodations, and service. Chloe and Terry were awesome--provided us with anything that we needed (rental car, a FABULOUS dinner and more) while still giving us our space and privacy. The facilities were very clean, even the pool which we used every day. Although the villa is not brand new, it is comparable to the other hotels/villas that we have stayed at in the area. If you're looking for a brand new commercial property then you may want to look outside of Orient. We would definitely go back!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank TandME

Reviewed November 24, 2011

Wow! Amazing how perceptions can be so very different. This is my second visit to Club Fantastico and I will be back repeatedly! On this trip, we are here over Thanksgiving week and believe me it is my new Thanksgiving tradition. On our arrival, we were greeted by our wonderful host and hostess, Terry and Chloe with wine and quiche. It was dusk but we sat and talked with them for a while and then went into town for a quick bite to eat. Our week has been so peaceful. We spend the mornings reading by the pristine pool with a view of the azure blue waters of Orient Bay. In the afternoons, we usualy take a two minute drive to Orient Beach where we have lunch at the club and then lay out on the beach, read and luxuriate in the warm Caribbean waters. Chloe and Terry have suggested places for us to visit and eat and have done everything possible to make our visit comfortable and pleasurable. The resort is beautiful and clean and they have accommodated any request we have made. There is nothing like waking up with your windows open to the beautiful Caribbean and then stepping out of your bedroom and feeling the warm sun on your naked body. You can probably scroll back to a review I did from our August 2010 visit -- also a good review. The internet is a great thing but it is sad when anyone can say anything and people believe it. Trust me, this place is great and I will be back at least once a year and more if I can manage it. The only thing I would change is the name (a little 1970s). A more perfect name would be "Secret Pleasures" but in French! -- Terry Hines Smith

Room Tip: The two rooms with views of the Caribbean are my favorite.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Terry S
Reviewed November 4, 2011

My wife and I vacationed in St. Martin for two weeks earlier this fall and our experience was eerily similar as the last review. Honestly, when you arrive in a lush paradise as St. Martin you wouldn't think the first thing that comes out of wife's mouth is "Honey when do you think was the last time they cleaned the pool?" Seriously, she did say that and I don't blame her. This was our first time to St. Martin and to Club Fantastico so we arrived with high expectations and we were let down tremendously (not by the island but by our accommodations). Not only does the entire villa need updating from flamingo pink bathrooms to the 70's dolphin fountain, it needs a serious cleaning overhaul! I'm not playing if Chef Gordon Ramsey from Hell's Kitchen were to walk into their kitchen, he would immediately go off (I can hear him yelling "You stupid donkey's!!") because how nasty and filthy it is. As for the hosts the websites and activities really deceives you in to believing that there will be activities planned each day for you along with this warm sense of being taken care of. Our hosts were cool don't get me wrong but it felt more like we were staying with relatives in their messy apartment and shouldn't complain because they were doing us a favor because we actually won our 7 night stay from them and only had to pay the taxes on the room which came out to only $176. I would have been mad as hell if I had paid the regular price of $200-$300 a night. Which is a shame because that added to us feeling conflicted to say anything about how disappointed we were in the place, because you know the saying "You get what you pay for?" The sad thing is the new management are really good people, however, at the end of the experience my wife and I really didn't feel like we won anything, but just another week on the expensive side of St. Martin. Then to add insult to injury my wife ended up getting a serious rash before we left the resort. It could have came from anywhere, but honestly I feel it came from the week we stayed at this dirty resort. I wish we could have experienced Club Fantastico in its hay-day from all the great stories we've heard, but we won't be returning to see if its old self is resurrected in the future when whenever we return to St. Martin. It's a shame because anyone with a little common sense and experience with real estate can see the potential of this place or what it once had.

Room Tip: Save your money and sleep on the beach! It's cleaner.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank JamesandFlorida
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This was my 4th visit to Club Fantastico and unfortunately it was disappointing. While the rooms are still well appointed and comfortable and the view spectacular, the rest of the villa needs a great deal of improvement. As usual, the hot tub was not working, something which was more easily overlooked during previous visits when there were no other major issues. The pool needed cleaning as well. Towards the end of our stay the water was so cloudy we didn't even want to use the pool.

The new managers were not very welcoming and actually made us feel uncomfortable at times. While I have never met Brian and from other reviews he sounds great, the previous hosts, Peggy and Mike, were wonderful, fun, outgoing and they always went out of their way to go the extra mile to make sure everyone had a great time.

The beautiful kitchen which we always use to cook group meals was filthy. Everything had to be cleaned thoroughly before being used. In addition, the dishwasher and toaster were both broken.

While I have fond memories of CF from past visits, I do not think I will be staying here again unless the villa undergoes a drastic overhaul and the hosts learn something about hosting.

Room Tip: Garden room open onto the veranda but is away from the pool for more privacy
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mauibabe7
Reviewed October 27, 2011

You decide. My first trip to the island. The club highly recomended under the the "Mike and Peggy" era. Tony, you are are fool to lose the jewel.
The facility is beautiful but in need of a good cleaning (kitchen) and repair. The pool is scevatz (dirty). The current hosts did not give me warm and fuzzies, not very intune to our needs.
I would love to see this club succeed, as the the locatioN is wonderful. The rooms are beautiful.
Outdoor showers,fantastic, In need of a good overhaul, better hosts, and you'll have a winner.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank carole k
Reviewed January 18, 2011

We had a wonderful time during our stay January 9 - 16, 2011. The view from our room was spectacular! The room was comfortable and nicely appointed. We never used the shower in our room, instead we opted to use the outdoor showers that overlook Orient Bay. Our host Brian worked hard to make sure that we were comfortable and Chef Antonio cooked several wonderful meals in addition to Brian's wonderful meals. Club Fantastico is certainly worth a look!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
29  Thank RCRDSR
Reviewed January 8, 2011

We had an amazing time at CF this December. Brian is a wonderful host and couldn't have created a more comfortable environment. He makes the yummiest meals and is happy to go the extra mile to make your stay priceless! Our room had everything we needed and the villa had more than enough to make for a fantastic stay. The views are gorgeous from CF, the pool/hot tub refreshing, the bar is fully stocked and the outdoor showers are great! It's easy to get anywhere on the island from CF and if you don't feel like going far, Orient Beach has more than enough to fill your days and evenings. We highly recommend you stay at CF the next time you are in St. Martin.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
#4 of 8 in Orient Bay
Hotel La Plantation
Hotel La Plantation
#6 of 8 in Orient Bay

Been to Club Fantastico? Share your experiences!