“Cozy, good food, nice for a quiet and quaint lunch with friend(s)”
Review of Tintagels Tea Room & More - CLOSED

Tintagels Tea Room & More
Description: Now under new management/ownership and renamed Maddie Hatter's Tea Shop & Cafe. Cheers. Enjoy all that Maddie's has to offer. Tintagels
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Tintagles Tea House is a very pleasant, small restaurant. There is a great selection of tea (it's a "tea house", after all), and the menu offers several salads and quiches. I've tried most of the salads on the menu (on different occasions, most recently in July 2013) and I haven't been disappointed in the quality or quantity. There are a variety of chairs of different styles (e.g. some straight-back, some "highback"): I like that, because sometimes you "just want to eat" and sometimes you want to sit back, relax and chat (and the meal is secondary to the conversation) -- the atmosphere at Tintagles accommodates both. There are various quaint items on display and for sale, and a selection of teas for sale at the cash register at the back. (Do try the Red Currant Tea if you're a fan of herbal / fruit teas -- it's excellent). A reservation is probably a good idea, especially if you're coming on a weekend.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

My Grandma and I visited for lunch today. She had been before and we made a special trip to visit. This little Tea Room had a great atmosphere and extremely tasty food. My veggie wrap was delicious and my grandma loved her quiche, as always. The staff was very pleasant and certainly got our orders right however we spent quite a long time waiting to order and for our bill. For a cosy restaurant with a dozen tables or so and 3 girls waiting on them, we should not have been there an hour and a half.

2  Thank Kristel K
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We had a lovely lunch there today - Irish Celery Soup with Potatoes and Garlic. Sounded kind of interesting... major understatement! It was fabulous. My husband enjoyed his Cornish pasty and my sister enjoyed her quiche and salad.

1  Thank Jo F