“Simply the Best”

Add it.
Carver's Block
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed December 17, 2009

The title says it all. As for the reviewer "where not to eat in Erin", I would of been careful to have submitted such 'dross'. A blind person can see and feel the ambiance. Could that reviewer picked an off day? Maybe, but with such glowing comments re: Carver's, I think in all fairness a 2nd chance is order. But to each his/her own. Kim runs a 1st class establishment and the people who work for her are a delight and that's why everyone I know in the area keeps coming back time after time. I particularly like a warm summer's day, a Carver sandwich and the back deck area. AAHHHH!
Brett Davis, 2nd Line Orton.

There are newer reviews for Carver's Block

Reviewed November 27, 2009

I've been a customer of Kim's at Carver's Block for three years and can tell you the service and quality is among the best I have ever experienced. Friendly, prompt service with a smile and great sandwiches will keep me coming back everytime I'm in Erin.

Reviewed June 9, 2009

First time in Erin and hungry for quick snack. Cruised through this fine food deli and more. The lady ahead of me ordered a veggie wrap and I seconded that for a change once I saw all the fresh veggies including hummus. This wrap was big enough for two meals for me. I'm not normally a vegetarian but just the freshness of the veggies included made me want to try it and I loved it!

But be warned - sandwiches are made fresh in front of your eyes so be prepared to wait a bit until they're made but definitely worth the wait!

Reviewed January 25, 2009

I have a family of four and stopped into Erin this weekend on our way to visit relatives. Looking to grab a quick lunch we thought we would have something more local and stay away from the fast food places and decided on Carvers Block. Wish we'd gone to Subway!
Even though there was only one other customer it took more than five minutes of the woman cutting meat completely ignoring us before we were able to give our order which she took with little more than a grunt.
Another woman (at least this one smiled a little), started slicing meat for the sandwiches and, while removing the meat from the slicer dropped a handful on the floor. I watched her pick it up thinking she would throw it away. My two little girls had asked for turkey and their sandwiches were actually put together with the meat and who knows what else that was picked off the floor!!!!
I asked for fresh meat and the girl, not smiling now, grunted something nasty under her breath and turned away.
We got new sandwiches, none of which was made how we wanted them. One had mustard and mayo together, one had a stale bun. After a bite or two I decided it wasn't worth complaining to unhelpful staff and decided to go to Subway anyway.
I don't like eating at chain stores and always avoid them. But if you're like me and in Erin then think twice!

2  Thank DaleHenderson3
Reviewed May 27, 2008

We stopped in Erin for lunch on Monday, 5/26/08, only to discover that most of the stores and restaurants are closed on Monday.

Much to our delight, we found that Carver's Block was open! They have delicious sandwiches at a reasonable price ($4.50). I had the tomato basil turkey on a cheddar roll and it was probably the best turkey sandwich I've had.

The deli has tables for those who wish to eat in, or will wrap up your sandwich to go. You can also purchase meat to take with you.

They have an incredible dessert selection. We had a hard time deciding what to get!

They also have items to purchase for gifts. Most of them are food items and sound delicious!

If you find yourself going through Erin - or even staying there, I would highly recommend Carver's Block.