“Excellent”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stoford
Grayling House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 2 Stoford B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Very nice English breakfast, good service and good family room for 2 children plus an excellent pub, family friendly nearby: The Royal Oak. We had a great weekend! Salisbury and Longleat are close by car. Beautiful countryside

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Guernsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

What a fabulous B & B offering a friendly atmosphere and very clean and comfortable accommodation. Rick and Lorraine made us and our dogs really welcome and Lorraine cooked the best English breakfast we have had in years. The walks on the doorstep are fabulous and Rick took time to explain the best routes. There are also several nearby pubs serving good food and ales. Would highly recommend the Grayling House and will definitely return when next in the area.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Great for a stopover on my way home from East Anglia to Cornwall. I was travelling by myself , so pretty tired when i arrived. Rick helped me to my room, & carried my bags. I was made welcome with a pot of tea & a chat.
I'd bought a supermarket chicken salad for my tea as i didn't fancy eating out alone. Rick laid the table & provided mayo for me so i could eat in the dining room. I felt right at home as i finished the pot of tea.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Lisa931
Munich, Germany
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Rick & Lorraine are very gentle and the make you feel at home, with something special in addition. Place, breakfast, bedroom are perfect. The small dogs make the environment even more familiar. Great place to stay, enjoy it!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Grayling House is a comfortable and friendly bed and breakfast, five minutes' drive from Salisbury. The hosts are very pleasant and helpful, and provide a good breakfast. Our room had a queen size bed, very comfortable, and a small ensuite. Off-street parking is provided. Stoford is a good location for touring such attractions as Stomehenge, Avebury and Old Sarum, as well as being convenient to Salisbury and its beautiful Cathedral. There is an excellent pub within walking distance, and other good ones a short drive away.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

We booked our first night in the U.K. At Grayling house as we wanted a genuine English Countryside experience. We were not disappointed. Every pre arrival contact with Rick and Lorraine was Friendly and professional. We felt welcomed into their home from the moment we arrived. Our bed room on the first floor was tastefully decorated, warm and comfortable. Our breakfast was as good as we have had anywhere, and our host convivial and generous with his attention. Stafford is a lovely little village near to Stonehenge and Grayling house a great B&B.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Leicester
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Having stayed before at Grayling House I rang to make another booking, I spoke to Rick who informed me that the cost of the room was £70, I said to him that this was more than I had payed on my last visit and was it the best price he could do. Now bearing in mind on the last visit I was on my own, this time i required a twin room so I was a little uncertain of the cost, having told me it was £70 I said I thought that was a little expensive and could he do better as we didnt require breakfast, he informed that that was the price, he said would I like to think about it to which I replied yes thank you for your time.
I rang back about 20 minutes later to book the room, again I spoke to Rick, could I book that room please, the reply stunned me somewhat and I quote " no I think its best you dont, I feel very insulted that you query the price and I suggest you go to the Holiday Inn " Unquote.
Well Rick may I suggest you man up a bit in the future just in case somebody else should have the audacity to question your quotes for accommodation, or indeed ask if thats the best price you can do. Also I think you should learn some manners and refrain from putting the phone down on what was a previous customer.

Room Tip: Accept what Rick says as Gospel
Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank crazyhorseLeicester
RickGraylinghouse, Owner at Grayling House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, May 5, 2012
As I made very clear to the gentleman in question; we would not take his booking because of how he had left my wife feeling after a series of phone calls in conection with his previous booking.
He had booked and paid for a room at a price he said he was happy with (£40 for a £55 room, a price we did for him as he was deer stalking with our nieghbour) only to have him phone back and virtually accuse my wife of being underhand in her dealings not once but three times in about a twenty minute period. We only let the booking stand on that occasion because he was a friend of our nieghbour.
When I had an enquiry from a gentleman wanting a twin room, I worked out a good price for him, (£70 for a £85 room as he did not want breakfast) he said he would check with his friend who he was deer stalking with and get back to us. In the mean time I checked with my wife that this was the fellow who had badgered her previously, leaving her feeling very intimidated and she confirmed that it was. When he phoned back to make the booking I said it may be better if he goes elsewhere because of how he had been previously.
Grayling House is first and foremost our family home and we did not consider his behaviour acceptable.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stoford
The Stones Hotel
#10 of 57 in Salisbury
The Swan at Stoford
The Swan at Stoford
#1 of 2 in Stoford

Been to Grayling House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!