“The REAL deal.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grayling House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stoford
Grayling House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 2 Stoford B&B and Inns
Melbourne
“The REAL deal.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

We booked our first night in the U.K. At Grayling house as we wanted a genuine English Countryside experience. We were not disappointed. Every pre arrival contact with Rick and Lorraine was Friendly and professional. We felt welcomed into their home from the moment we arrived. Our bed room on the first floor was tastefully decorated, warm and comfortable. Our breakfast was as good as we have had anywhere, and our host convivial and generous with his attention. Stafford is a lovely little village near to Stonehenge and Grayling house a great B&B.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Leicester
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

Having stayed before at Grayling House I rang to make another booking, I spoke to Rick who informed me that the cost of the room was £70, I said to him that this was more than I had payed on my last visit and was it the best price he could do. Now bearing in mind on the last visit I was on my own, this time i required a twin room so I was a little uncertain of the cost, having told me it was £70 I said I thought that was a little expensive and could he do better as we didnt require breakfast, he informed that that was the price, he said would I like to think about it to which I replied yes thank you for your time.
I rang back about 20 minutes later to book the room, again I spoke to Rick, could I book that room please, the reply stunned me somewhat and I quote " no I think its best you dont, I feel very insulted that you query the price and I suggest you go to the Holiday Inn " Unquote.
Well Rick may I suggest you man up a bit in the future just in case somebody else should have the audacity to question your quotes for accommodation, or indeed ask if thats the best price you can do. Also I think you should learn some manners and refrain from putting the phone down on what was a previous customer.

Room Tip: Accept what Rick says as Gospel
Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank crazyhorseLeicester
RickGraylinghouse, Owner at Grayling House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, May 5, 2012
As I made very clear to the gentleman in question; we would not take his booking because of how he had left my wife feeling after a series of phone calls in conection with his previous booking.
He had booked and paid for a room at a price he said he was happy with (£40 for a £55 room, a price we did for him as he was deer stalking with our nieghbour) only to have him phone back and virtually accuse my wife of being underhand in her dealings not once but three times in about a twenty minute period. We only let the booking stand on that occasion because he was a friend of our nieghbour.
When I had an enquiry from a gentleman wanting a twin room, I worked out a good price for him, (£70 for a £85 room as he did not want breakfast) he said he would check with his friend who he was deer stalking with and get back to us. In the mean time I checked with my wife that this was the fellow who had badgered her previously, leaving her feeling very intimidated and she confirmed that it was. When he phoned back to make the booking I said it may be better if he goes elsewhere because of how he had been previously.
Grayling House is first and foremost our family home and we did not consider his behaviour acceptable.
Rugeley, Staffs.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

This is an ideal location to stay if you are in the area fishing. The B&B is just over the road from the fabulous River Wylye with great Trout and Grayling Fishing. Rick, the proprietor is an avid fisherman and bailiff too, and is a font of knowledge on fishing in the local area. The rooms are of good size and very clean and tidy. The breakfast was great and served up right on time. I shall certainly be stopping here again if I am in the area, and need an overnight stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Romford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2011

Breakfast was great, nvr stayed in a room as spotlessly clean, lovely owners, recommended, would come again just to stay here!

• Stayed July 2011
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

We stayed overnight here as I often have to pop up to Salisbury for personal reasons and we have a five month old Cocker Spaniel so needed somewhere Doggy Friendly! Not only was the house spotless, but Lorraine went out of her way to make us and our puppy welcome and at home, puppy had a great time out in her garden. Room lovely beautifully decorated, quiet (it is on the main road into Salisbury) but we werent disturbed at all by traffic noise. Rick and Lorraine even greeted us with a lovely pot of tea. This will be a regular overnight stay for us whenever we come up in future. 11/10!!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper or not used to busy main road, just ask for a quiet room. Didnt hear a th...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

Stayed for three nights from 19th September 2011 whilst supporting a man with learning disabilities on holiday. Rick and Lorraine were fantastic hosts.You got the feeling straight away that nothing would be too much trouble. Welcomed by Rick with a cuppa, he really showed an interest in our holiday.The rooms were fantastic, the beds and bedding superb and the onsuite shower good and easy to use.Full English breakfast cooked beautifully (best eggs ever!). Tables beautifully presented. Lovely warm comfortable lounge for use.Rick went that step further when he realised as none drivers on a budget we planned to take considerable time getting to Longleat by taxi to Salisbury station, train to Warminster then another taxi to Longleat he got on the phone to a trusted taxi firm and bartered them down to an unbelievable return trip for us direct, making our day out that much more convenient.I truly cannot fault their dedication to ensuring that we had a great experience! Many thanks Lorraine and Rick.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

We stayed for three nights for the bank holiday weekend, Rick and Lorraine were fantastic hosts and made us feel welcome from the start to the finish. The rooms were lovely and cosy with personal touches. The breakfast was brilliant, Rick made sure the cups were filled and toast on the table. The road produced no noise that you could hear in the rooms and there was so much to visit in the area including Salisbury, Longleat and much more. We are sure to go back at some point soon.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stoford
Cricket Field House
#10 of 58 in Salisbury
Sarum College
Sarum College
#17 of 58 in Salisbury

Been to Grayling House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!