The Swan at Stoford
The Pembroke Arms Hotel(Wilton)(Great Value!)
$118
$122
The Stones Hotel(Salisbury)(Great Value!)
$97
$81
Hotels.com
$118
Hotels.com
$89
King's Head Inn(Salisbury)(Great Value!)
$54
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
$71
$64
  • Breakfast included
$66
PremierInn.com
Best Western Red Lion Hotel(Salisbury)(Great Value!)
$74
$65
  • Restaurant
City Lodge(Salisbury)
$55
$39
All reviewstriple glazingbusy roadthe pubpork bellythe riverskittle alleycar parkbeer gardenmain roadbreakfast was includedvisiting stonehengefour posterfull englishovernight stayroom was clean and comfortablean evening mealvery pleasant stay
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We stayed at The Swan for a single night in March 2014, booking a family room for three people. The quality of the room was lovely - big, clean bathroom, plenty of towels provided and a bed each (not something you always seen in a family room for three, as it's usually a double and a single - this room had a double and two singles).

We had dinner and breakfast (breakfast was included in our room price) and the quality of the food was excellent (altho we did have to wait a little while for them to take our order in the evening, I'm not sure what the hold up was exactly.)

We were there for the Sunday roast which was great value - huge portions and very well cooked.

They also run a pub quiz every Sunday night which we happened to be there for - it was great fun! If that's not your thing then check out the skittle alley or gardens instead. We didn't have time for either as it was rather a short stay, but we'd definitely stay again if we were ever in the area :)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Liz97, Owner at The Swan at Stoford, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Thank you for your lovely feedback and for joining in our Charity Quiz. I am glad you enjoyed your stay in our spacious Family Room and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We stayed for one night while traveling down to peppa pig world for my daughters birthday. We had a great time, staff were great, very friendly and made us feel welcome, they have a great team couldn't fault them one little bit.The rooms are beautifully decorated and are clean & bright. One change i would suggest is for the stoford room would be to have darker curtains, got woken a little too early for my liking by the sun coming through.
There was a slight problem with lunch but was dealt with very well with fresh meals & lots of apologies, but our evening meal & breakfast were lovely with good sized servings.
Will definitely stay again if ever in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Liz97, Owner at The Swan at Stoford, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you for your lovely review, we appreciate you taking the time to feedback. I am sorry if your lunch was not quite right but am pleased it was dealt with well. Peppa Pig world is very popular with families, as is Longleat, both of which are within half an hour's drive.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I have never written a review before but feel compelled to do so on this occasion. The pub has a nice ambiance and the staff were welcoming, but the food was really quite bad. My husband ordered pork belly initially but was persuaded by the waitress to have pork ribs if he liked a lot of meat. Sadly it was just ribs and very little edible meat. My daughter and I ordered fajitas, I had chicken and she vegetable, mine had no taste at all and hers was swimming in water. My eldest granddaughter had a burger which we had to return as it was raw in the middle, and we requested just tomato and cucumber only to go with the 6 year olds meal which came out covered in balsamic vinegar which she could not eat. When it came to desserts, my daughter ordered pear and ginger crumble which again was watery, so much so that we had to pour the fluid of into another dish. We ordered ice cream with chocolate sauce and didn't get the sauce for my grandson. I can honestly say that we are not a family of fussy eaters and we were really looking forward to our meal at The Swan, but it had very little to commend it. I must just add that when the waitress returned the uncooked burger to the kitchen a row seemed to ensue which we could hear in the restaurant. We did receive a free dessert in lieu of the burger, but if am afraid the quality of the cuisine and lack of attention to things ordered will prevent us from returning. For the price we paid there are many more restaurants that provide much better food, service and a pleasanter all round experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Julie C
Liz97, Owner at The Swan at Stoford, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

I was very disappointed to read your review and I am sorry that we did not come up to your expectations. I can only apologise for the mistakes, in particular the burger which wasn't fully cooked. I have shared your review with the team and will look into how it happened.

Sincere apologies

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Great welcome and the food was good and a varied menu, so good in fact that some dishes had run out.
Thought the room would be noisy but double glazing proved me wrong. Will stay again next year when we visit Salisbury

Room Tip: Comfortable bed and adequate shower unit
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Graham S

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you next year.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Nice place...excellent food both for Dinner and Brekkie, clean and comfy rooms, staff went the extra yard. You won't be disappointed !!
In an idea world would of liked the bar to stay open for residents but maybe that's just being picky

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Liz97, Owner at The Swan at Stoford, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Thanks for the positive review and I am glad you found our rooms comfortable and our food excellent! As a family run pub open from 7 am until 11 pm at night, I don't think staying open later is very viable and usually there is not much call for it - especially this time of year. But you are always welcome to take a drink to your room with you.

Thanks again.