“Business stay”

The Swan at Stoford
Ranked #1 of 2 Stoford B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Will stay again when on business, excellant menu and specials, good range of real ales, friendly staff/service.WiFi strength good i rooms. Good breakfast menu. Altough situated on busy road, triple glazed windows masked the noise very well.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Liz97, Owner at The Swan at Stoford, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

We are glad you found your trip enjoyable including the food and specials. We have invested heavily in improving the wifi across the hotel and am pleased you had a good signal. Thank you for taking the time to feedback - we appreciate it.

Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

A most friendly welcome with an extensive menu serving good quality. food. The room was clean and very comfortable . The bar, as well as the usual draught beers had a small selection of real ales that are kept well. Highly recommended.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark C

It is very heartening to know that you would highly recommend us. Thank you for your kind words and fab review. We are pleased you had a nice stay.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

To get the negative stuff out of the way first, there is only one drawback to The Swan and that's its proximity to a surprisingly busy road. It was fine for me as I live near a fairly busy road and it was wintertime so no need to have the windows open. It might be a tad noisy in summertime though! But none of this is the fault of the owners. The pub was built where it is a few hundred years ago to catch the passing horsedrawn traffic.
The accommodation was nice and the food, particularly the evening meal was excellent and reasonably priced. The staff were fantastic and appeared to me to get along well amongst themselves which, to me at least, is a sign of good management. Matthew was the man who greeted me and showed me to my room. He was very helpful and good humoured. My evening meal was served by a Spanish (or perhaps Portuguese?) lady who was also very friendly and efficient. This friendliness was natural and wasn't just there to ensure I purchased food and drink as I found out the following morning when she was performing cleaning duties. I was busy eating my breakfast and didn't notice her approach but as she passed by, she greeted me warmly, remembering me from the previous evening. This greeting from a nice young woman makes the world of difference to a middle aged grey fat bloke!

Room Tip: I don't know if there are roooms at the back of the building but I would go for one of these if...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your great review. I am glad you found our family run business friendly. We have a great staff team and do genuinely get on well, so it is good to know this is noticeable. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

A group of us stayed here on the 13th Jan. Rooms were very clean and spacious. The staff were attentive. The meal we had a nicely cooked and well presented. It was nice to come down and have breakfast in a room with a roaring log fire.. very cosy. Only downside 2 of my collegues complained to me about the lorries thundering pasted there windows, but we all live in the middle of know where, so we are not used to it!!!!! Would visit again.

Room Tip: Stoford room has a really comfy bed, and is located at the back of the hotel so less noisey
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thanks for the great review and I am glad you enjoyed our roaring fire on a cold January morning! I am sorry if your companions found their room noisy - if the triple glazing is fully closed most guests tell us it is very effective.

We are glad you had a nice stay and hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

I came from the US to stay at the Sean. It was excellent. They treated us so well! Great food, rooms, and staff. It was lovely! They were so accomodating. I will definitely stay here again! The food was great and the service impeccable!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Tammy R
Liz97, Owner at The Swan at Stoford, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

We greatly appreciate your lovely feedback and are pleased you had a nice stay. I am glad you found our staff attentive and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Liz - Owner

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stayed at The Swan over the Christmas period.
Our room was very comfortable and spacious, and presented to a high standard.
The staff at The Swan were efficient and very friendly.
We ordered one cooked meal duing our stay. The meal was excellent along with the restaurant service.
We will return to The Swan in the not too distant future. A highly recommended small inn/hotel!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roland T
Liz97, Owner at The Swan at Stoford, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay over the Christmas period and I am particularly glad that you found my staff to be efficient and friendly. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Great place for a nice weekend break if you want to explore Salisbury City and the surrounding area. Only six miles from Salisbury and six from Stonehenge. Comfortable rooms will quality bed linen. Bathrooms with bath and shower and all soaps, shampoo etc supplied. Great views across the surrounding countryside. Breakfast is great, would highly recommend the Full English ( complete with Black Pudding ) Staff all very helpful, good selection of wines and local ales served in the bar.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank David T

Thanks for the fab feedback. We are pleased you enjoyed your breakfast and your stay and appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you.

Liz

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stoford
The Stones Hotel
The Pembroke Arms Hotel
Grasmere House Hotel
Grasmere House Hotel
#12 of 16 in Salisbury

Been to The Swan at Stoford? Share your experiences!