“Quaint little hotel”
Review of The Beach Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sandsend
The Beach Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Sandsend B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed here with work, and was greeted with a warm welcome after a long journey. The room was lovely, spotlessly clean, and lovely views over the beach. I was advised of where to eat that evening, and left to come and go as I pleased. The breakfast was fantastic, plenty of choice, plenty of it and freshly cooked to order!! Couldn't fault it! Only draw back was I couldn't get a signal on my phone which was a bit awkward as I was working, but that was the only issue I had with this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are overlooking the beach so they all have a good view!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Helen25364

Reviewed May 6, 2013

In a super position overlooking the beach, this is a quiet little hotel with a friendly couple running it who bent over backwards to help. A very nice en-suite room overlooking the beach was provided. Good, clean bathroom with a nice shower, comfy beds etc. The only downside was that the TV was very small and high up on the far wall. Super breakfast of quality meusili, lots & lots of toast and massive proper kippers.

I can't help but think with a bit of updating this place could do a roaring trade. The downstairs bar area looks 40 years old and I had to get evening food at the Hart pub down the road.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Tobers
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Just arrived home after spending 2 days relaxing at the beach hotel. I nearly didnt book due to some reviews, We had to take our dog so I took the risk and booked. On entering I was greeted with a warm welcome and the smell of a coal fire which was very inviting, I was shocked when I saw our room 5 star didnt expect that at all. Breakfast was enormous and delicious. So to people who look at and complain about furniture I suggest you stop at home. Sandsend is a beautifull small coastal village who rely on us holidaymakers, all it takes is one bad review to put people out of business Thanks Graham and Liz for making my 60th special and hope to see you again shortly

Room Tip: all rooms have sea views
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank timlinmonter
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This was our second stay at the Beach Hotel, the first being in May 2012.
On both occasions the rooms were spotless and warm. The location is superb just metres from the beach and a lovely walk to Whitby. Breakfast is well cooked and enormous, you won't need lunch, and the service is excellent. Thanks Liz.
The bar was quiet during the evening and we both enjoyed Graham's (landlord) company.
Looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: We were in room 3 and 4. Both excellent front facing rooms. Leave the window open and enjoy the sou...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank karanbil
Reviewed June 2, 2012

There were eight members of my family and 2 dogs that stayed at the Beach Hotel. We were made welcome and showed to our rooms. The rooms had plenty of space and all had fantastic views over the sea. They were clean and nicely decorated with complimentary tea, coffee and biscuits. The showers were great with plenty of hot water and towels were replaced in the evening with clean ones for the morning.

The breakfast was wonderful and again a magnificant view from the dining room over the sea. They even made my dogs some sausages for their breakfast, it was so nice to be able to stay in a hotel with my two dogs.

All my family enjoyed staying at the Beach Hotel and we will be returning in the autumn. If you are looking for a dog friendly, nice place to stay this is it.

Room Tip: All rooms had a sea view, but some had slightly more space than others.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Frncsgrbv
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I don't know where to start.. the website advertises recently refurbished, which doesn't tie in with the threadbare carpets. There is a constant atmospheric battle between the strong smell of cigarette smoke and air fresheners working overtime. The heating controls seem to be linked to a pad in the doormat and only come on as you enter the 'lounge' area. This part is dismal, dark and un inviting. Breakfasts are good but having some of the tables laid for the entire season untouched gave the room an air of Miss Haversham's home. Numerous dead flies had taken up residence inside the napkins.
On a good note, the hosts were very friendly and the owner insisted I took away with me a complimentary pen after only spending £100 a night....

Room Tip: Dont go...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank Fernleyfishes
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We didn't really enjoy our stay here as we were no made to feel very welcome and it seemed like we were a bit of an inconvenience to the owners. The room was not very nice; woodchip wallpaper that's been painted a few too many timesand the cleanliness was not up to scratch.The bed was not very comfortable at all. The room we had was also above the very bright lights of the signage on the front of the hotel and the curtains didn't do a very good job at blocking this out, which was a little annoying as the light was on all night! The hotel is in an excellent location and from the outside looks very promising. I think the Hotel Inspector should pay them a visit though to work on thier customer service and general upkeep!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Kelly S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandsend
Raithwaite Estate
#3 of 4 in Sandsend
No photo provided
Rowan Tree House B&B
#3 of 5 in Sleights

Been to The Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!