Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Lipton’s Seat
All reviews tuk tuk tea plantation sri lanka amazing views early morning walked down walk up roti clear view nice view hot tea plantation workers hairpin bends viewing point white monkey small shop sunny day
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Get a tuk tuk to the top early in the morning and have tea and typical sri lankan breakfast before walking back through the tea plantations. One of the nicest walks we did in Sri Lanka.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

The journey is stunning up to Lipton's Seat. Do walk some of the way. The road is pretty dangerous in places and is really single track so we certainly had some memorable experiences getting up to the top.
Mind you all the views in this area are fantastic.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Being a hobby photographer I toyed with sunrise or sunset, as time was limited. In the end I did both thanks to my tuktuk driver Sanath. Glad I did. Was expecting sunrise to provide the best results but the opposite was the case. Went up late afternoon to see the sun go down and drink some of the great local black tea in the little tea shop. The clouds started to invade the valleys underneath our elevated Seat location. Some great shots was the result with trees growing out of the clouds, or so it seemed. Back to Haputale for the night and a 5am rise for the tuktuk ride back to the top for just before 6am. The viewing platform was somewhat disappointing as some young trees are obstructing the sunrise view over the expansive valley underneath. Some selecting pruning would work wonders for the shooting fraternity. So moved over to the seat location again to get the shots.
When the driver turned off the engine upon our arrival the noise of early morning song birds was all around. I asked him to make his way to the bottom so I could enjoy the 20 or 30 minute walk to the bottom in silence and just listen to the sounds of nature after I had finished with my camera. The walk down is a real treat with great views of the plantation and surrounding landscape as you descend.
Was a very memorable few days in the Haputale area. Big big recommend to all.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Amazing place you MUST visit, over the tea fields and with a fantastic view (except when cloudy of course).

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Our tuk tuk driver Sanuth (0724119655) was our guide for the day for 3500rupees.we had asked about Worlds End but he suggested Liptons Seat first as my wife's foot was sore. He drove us up (not for the faint-hearted! And I'm glad he was experienced on the hairpin bends!) and we were greeted with an amazing view with a little tea shop at the top. My son and I walked the 7km down, partly on the road, partly cutting brought tea fields. It was beautiful and quiet with great views. My wife and daughter drove down and met us at the Tea Factory which was ok. We then went for lunch at a hotel with a great view that he recommended, Sanuth then took us to Bandarakawela Falls and after a short scramble we were treated to great pools and great close up views. A great day!