“Most comfortable night of our trip!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Life Gallery Athens Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Life Gallery Athens Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ekali
Dubai
“Most comfortable night of our trip!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2007

We stayed here on our last night of our Honeymoon before flying home, we didn't know what to expect but we were over the moon when we arrived! The hotel is amazing, it is in the upmarket area of Athens, near all the designer shops (not the tourist area with shops selling sandels/postcards etc!). The rooms are by far the best we had out of all the 6 hotels we stayed in on our Honeymoon (and the cheapest). The food and the service were both perfect!!!!!!!! We look forward to our next visit to Athens and will definatly stay at the Life Gallery.

• Liked — Room
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
6 Thank JordanDubai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Chicago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2007

Make sure you check the cancellation policy. First of all, you have to pay in full before you even get there. Then, if you have a change or cancellation up to 2 weeks before, there is NO refund AT ALL. If you have more notice, you might get 50% back. Not to mention, they are way on the outskirts of Athens, where you can't even take the metro to get into the city, you have to take an intercontinental train. If all you want to do is hang out in a beautiful hotel room, better stick to the Sofitel by the airport. At least they are nice there.

• Disliked — customer service is way too sassy for their own good.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
7 Thank tallybean
Midlands UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2007

Undoubtedly a haven for the most ardent recluses this hotel was definitely exclusive, or at least the prices were. Not cheap, not well patronised and not value for money, this hotel seems to rely upon guests to be extravagant but without anything other than an interesting decor and a few room based gadgets such as electric curtains and feature lighting to entice. It is hard to understand how the 5 star rating was achieved. I have stayed at hotels all over the world and this is very much at the low end of five star, if not four star. The design was special and the spa facilities good but nothing else measured up. The proximity of the hotel to a busy and noisy main road made relaxing sometimes a challenge at the poolside and even through the double glazed and glass fronted balcony at night the constant traffic distracted.

The first night only we ate in the hotel restaurant The food was the most expensive I have ever had and frankly was fairly pedestrian though satisfactory. A two course meal for four with a modest bottle of wine saw no change from 250 Euros. I find it annoying that items are served whether they are requested or not and charged for whether consumed or not. Bread was continuously served and at 5 Euros a basket cost 20 Euros in one meal, most of which was untouched. A minor point but not what I have experienced in genuinely Deluxe hotels. If the food was great then perhaps understandable but it was not award winning. Breakfasts were very basic and unimaginative, though adequate. I note also that I was charged for mini bar use which was not used as it was only a few Euros I wrote it off to experience and deducted it from my tip.

We had two rooms and negotiated one up to a studio given the length of our stay (almost two weeks). The hotel does have a nice quality, if clinical, feel about it but is only suitable for the business traveller as has been mentioned by previous reviewers.

The staff were largely friendly especially the reception staff who were more than helpful and always at attention as you passed reception with a charming smile and pleasant hello.

Unfortunately the restaurant staff were less amenable and only notably helpful on the last day of our stay having concluded this might be tip day I presume. The difference in behaviour was theatrical and mammoth being highly entertaining but alas insufficient to recover the whole stay.

The location was not too bad being outside of Athens in a pleasant suburban town called Ekali near another called Kifissia, the latter having a Metro station which was excellent and well used. Three Euros by taxi from the hotel and less than two Euros return to Athens or even Piraeus was great value and easy to navigate.

The largest negative for this hotel was that it was not celestial but rather Marie Celestial. There were never more than 6 or so people to be seen and the place felt almost empty at all times morning, noon and night. I wonder if the emptiness was because of the Greek holiday season and that business guests had simply dried up over summer or whether the hotel was simply unpopular. I certainly won't be going again though would suggest an overnight stay as moderately feasible if only to enjoy the Japanese feel of the place.

• Stayed August 2007
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank It'sgoodtotalk
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2007

This is a terrific hotel - clean, very modern with interesting architectural touches. Service quality was high and the pool and outdoor area are serene, and very good for relaxing.

2 Issue to be aware of:
- the hotel is located in a affluent suburb of Athens, 30 minutes from city center. Its easy to get a cab to the city, it is much harder to get a cab back from the city to the hotel. If you plan to go back and forth to the city for the sites, this may not be the hotel for you.

- the showers consistently flood the room. The showers themselves are great and very cool, but knowing that you are flooding the room as you shower is not a good feeling. The staff is aware of this issue but seems just resigned to it.

Great stay overall.

Stayed August 2007
6 Thank dkseattle
Paris
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2007

I stayed at Life Gallery for the first time in September 06 while on a business trip in the area. Efficient staff, excellent lounge area for informal meetings (and a couple of drinks later). Have been using it since for all my stays in the area. Even though it feels primarily like a business hotel I would recommend it also for leisure stay as the pool area is very pleasant.
Stavros

• Liked — Hotel staff service
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
4 Thank stavros_7
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2006

A suburban Athens style setter that made me giddy with delight. First, the helpfulness, warmth and professionalism of the staff was outstanding and, frankly, unique in my experience in Greece. There was a combination of pride of property, respect for the guest, good training and good hiring.

The whole place is really eye-popping and lush in a very new and now way. I wouldn’t call it minimalist. There was so much going on everywhere you turned in the guest rooms, from high tech lighting, to electric curtains, a fabulous but complicated shower (no tub at all), and of course a flat-screen TV and excellent internet connection that I’d call it maximalist design.

There was a tres mod furniture exhibition going on in all the public spaces the Sunday morning I checked in. They very convincingly suggested room service lunch on my terrace. Did that ever sound great after the bus ride from Patras! My salad was good, and the manager sent up a bottle of red wine. (Don’t know if that’s routine or because of the inconvenience of the furniture exhibition.)

By 8 pm the furniture guys were packing up. Everything was in disarray just when I went looking for a proper dinner in the Dwell’ish dining room. The Front Desk suggested room service. This time it wasn’t so appealing. When I asked for a recommendation I got a blank look. Pressed, the young woman sent me, via taxi, to a Middle Eastern place called Tiki. I would have been much happier in the hotel dining room. The furniture show really took over the public areas and impacted my stay in a negative way. I had to leave before dawn the next day so I never was really able to enjoy all the features of this unusually wonderful hotel.

• Liked — Friendliness of staff & fresh style.
  • Disliked — Furniture show that overwhelmed the public areas.
  • Tips/Secrets — They'll bring you a wonderful breakfast tray as early as you need it.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank dancingnancy
narcissus622
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2006

This hotel offers flawless accomodations and amenities for business travelers who, like myself, have hectic schedules and require convenience and timeliness. The staff was friendly, professional, and extremely efficient, and it was a great pleasure to find that the employees speak excellent English, as I speak very little Greek. My room was well-appointed, and kept immaculately clean and provided for from my check-in to departure. Also, this was one of very few hotels in which I didn't have any problems with internet access, which was a huge relief! Unfortunately, I was only able to have dinner at the hotel on one evening, but the meal was absolutely superb.
I even found time to have one of the spa services. After visiting the gym and sauna, I had an amazing deep tissue back massage. I actually felt like I was on holiday, which is a very rare experience for me. If my trip schedule doesn't bring me back to the Life Gallery, I will definitely be returning on vacation in the near future.

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business
11 Thank narcissus622
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ekali
Coco-Mat Hotel Nafsika
Theoxenia Palace Hotel
#10 of 10 in Kifisia
Wyndham Grand Athens
#79 of 325 in Athens

Been to Life Gallery Athens Hotel? Share your experiences!