“A world of its own within Kumeu”
Review of Ribier Restaurant - CLOSED

Ribier Restaurant
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Went for a mid-week dinner with our son and daughter-in-law to celebrate the end of a fabulous family vacation. I am gluten intolerant and lactose sensitive and had emailed the day before to ask about main courses that I was interested in having. The hostess and chef each came to our table to discuss our choices, ensuring all would be to our liking and dietary needs. Garlic hummus and hot fresh baked rolls were shared by the family as we enjoyed beer and carafes of local New Zealand wines. My main was fantastic - the free range chicken stuffed with with chickpeas and herbed liver in avocado oil. Each plate was a work of art. The family savored delightful mains of roast lamb and canard d'magret and we shared sides of roast potatoes and fresh veg (chef's choice). As we lingered, dessert was offered and accepted - and it also exceeded our expectations. We shared and agreed the special dessert baked with local fejoa and fresh made ice cream was the best. Almost three hours passed by before we called it a night. We were relaxed, sated and delighted by our dining experience. While the restaurant is kid friendly with special menus for them, we were glad that for once, we were on our own.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Went with family for a birthday celebration. We had two children and a teen amongst us and I was a little nervous the children wouldn't be well catered for. I was mistaken, dinner was great. Kids menu (although the chicken skewers were too spicy for my daughter) had a good variety. Mains are tasty and interesting! Sides of veges and potatoes and fries are large and are able to be shared. We ordered too many sides. The desserts were good but the mains were the best part of the meal. The service was great. Would definitely go there again. My brother paid the bill so cannot comment on the value for money side of things.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We went with the Tauranga Beefsteak & Burgundy Club to Ribier Restaurant while we were doing a 2-day tour of the Kumeu wineries. Our dinner was one of the best we have tasted. Every course was a delight. It was really pleasing that when we requested to have the ingredients/method etc. explained, that this was done interestingly & willingly. A night to remember, and a venue to which many of the group can't wairt to return!

Reviewed January 11, 2013

We have visited Ribier Restaurant three times now and have been totally satisfied with all aspects of our dining experience on every occasion. The menu is interesting and varied, the presentation and quality of the meals is faultless and all for a very reasonable price. The restaurant is spacious and family-friendly, and attention by the waitress is always timely. If you want to treat yourself to some fabulous food this is the place to go!

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Great entrees, I loved the soup & bread as a starter. The mains came out reasonably fast. I loved the lamb dish, and the stael looked great..

Dessert were very pleasant tasting, I will go again