“Best in Kumeu”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great menu and good wine list. Food is excellent as is the service. Live jazz Thursdays and some other epically nights e.g.Parisienne night Sunday 15th July.

Reviewed December 3, 2011

For lunch today we enjoyed a fabulous seafood entre platter for the three of us, real seafood, fresh!. The mains then were a delight, fresh fish, and a variety of tasty morsels on the side, and my wife chose the wonderful fresh soup of the day to enjoy as a main, no problem. The restaurant has a lot of game-related items on the menu which we have previously enjoyed, but today was something new for us. People with young families were catered for at other tables unobtrusively too, it was great! I look forward to re-visiting with family and friends, the chef was a finallist in the Monteiths Wild Food Challenge, and a previous winner of this, a talented passionate host and his wife.

Reviewed November 25, 2011

I took a visiting English couple to Ribier a couple of weeks back, on the advice of my sister who lives locally. I am so glad that I took her recommendation. Ribier is on the main road at Kumeu and is run by a couple of Russian people. He cooks and she does front-of-house.

All of us were extremely impressed with the quality of the food and presentation. The chef has won a "Monteith's wild food challenge" in previous years and is in again this year with a hare dish that one of our party had, and declared very good. It's entitled "Royal Hare Force" (which you probably have to know there's a local air force base to appreciate!) I had the pasta with seafood medley, which was WELL endowed with seafood, and utterly delicious - not too much for me either, as I have a small appetite - but the meals were still of a good size. We even found room for dessert - for me and my friend, a creme brulee with lemon mousse and macaroon on the side.

Anna, the co-owner, was attentive without being obsequious, and her husband came out to greet us before we left. I would WARMLY recommend this restaurant for outstanding food, great service and reasonable (though not cheap) prices.

Reviewed October 16, 2011

Wow, this restaurant has to be a great find out West and great value as well.
We went there awith friends and shared one of their platters of Meat and Seafoods which was beautifully presented and cooked to perfection. The star of the show had to be the desserts as w all got a different one from the menu and were all thrilled with our choices! The chef obviously takes a great pride on the food he turns out!
We will be returning to Ribier again soon, next time for dinner and I can't wait!