“Excellent place, great food, superb service!”
Review of Tinto y Lena

Tinto y Lena
Cuisines: European, Spanish, Cafe, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2018

Once again we followed Tripadvisor advice and we choose this restaurant, after a long day. Several options were in the menu so we decided to share scrambled eggs with "boletus" mushroms that were very tasty and we continued with "secreto iberico" broiled over charcoal, jucy and tender with a fantastic smoke flavor obtained from charcoal cooking process. The wine recommended was Cerres Crianza from Rivera del Duero.
In other words a perfect dinner in a very particular town.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed March 31, 2018

The quality of the food, service, and affordable price made of this place an excellent choice for anyone visiting Burgo de Osma. The “croquetas” and meats were amazingly prepared. The staff was friendly and efficient.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed July 8, 2016 via mobile

Near to the swiming pool, in a grateful ambiance you can find this excellent place. The owners are fantastic, very helpful and over top the food. You have road meaf, "croquetas" and anything you can ask. Don't forget to book in advance. Always fully.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed July 3, 2016 via mobile

I feel bad giving this place only 3 stars but the service was so bad! We are used to having to speak up to get what we want but this was just too much. At first we were told to wait because everything was reserved. The place had over half the tables empty and we later learned they weren't reserved at all. We calmly waited and got a drink at the bar. After a while we were told we could sit and weren't brought any bread. The table sat after us had bread... We had to ask for it twice until it was finally given to us. Afterwards we asked for salt and that never made its way to our table. The same happened with the water. We also had an issue with our drinks. We asked for a tinto de verano and while we were waiting at the bar and asked them to actually make it which is very simple and everyone does, and they did without any problems. But when we asked for another, they used the premade bottled tinto de verano that we asked them not to use. I told myself they just forgot...
The food on the other hand was very good. The ribs they have there were excellent. We also didn't have to wait very long for the plates. That's why I feel terrible with this rating. But considering that the place wasn't full when we went, I could just imagine the service when they have a full house.
Maybe they were having an off day. Like I said, the food was definitely good. So if you don't mind possible bad service, give it a chance.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed August 12, 2015

First of all, it should be said that, without a shadow of a doubt, this is one of the best ten-euro menus that I have ever tasted. However, anyone who wishes to eat lunch here (at least in August) should definitely make a reservation. My husband and I were lucky in that we like to eat lunch very early. We arrived at 13.20 (ten minutes before their kitchen opens for lunch) and were lucky enough to be given a table, though not a very good one. After we arrived, I was able to observe at least ten groups of people being turned away because they had not made a reservation. Thus, there was "no room at the inn".

The ten-euro menu included two courses, a bottle of red wine, a bottle of soda water, and dessert. The two courses were frankly delicious. I had a Mediterranean rice salad and grilled hake with lettuce and a few potatoes. The wine was also acceptable though obviously if one wishes really good wine that is not meant to be mixed with soda water, one must order it separately. Given the number of people, the number of servers (2), and the time taken by the kitchen to present each dish, the service is somewhat slow. However, it was worth it.

I imagine that in the months that the swimming pool is not open, this restaurant is considerably more delightful. In August, this locale is much better for dinner than for lunch if one is seeking some level of tranquility. However, I would recommend this restaurant for those who wish to economize and still eat well.

Date of visit: August 2015