Tripadvisor
Bunaken Island

Ways to Experience Bunaken National Marine Park
All reviews fish dive sites great diving wall diving sea life world class underwater world beautiful island clear water the reefs snorkeling spot tuna macro life public boat underwater view green turtles boat ride
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020

I have been to many places around Indonesia, but this was my first time in Bunaken. It is mostly walls dives. I found the coral colours to be brilliant. Turtles where everywhere! And focusing in on the many small nudibranchs - could have spend so much time in just a few square meters! Water visibility was tremendous for most every dive (15m to 25m). And the water temperature was fantastic for me as I tend to get cold easily - but not here in 30C water.
On the complete opposite end - we did a trash dive for Project Aware. Unfortunately some spots around the area have trash accumulated (but most areas were very clean).

Reviewed January 18, 2020 via mobile

It‘s amazing how manifold the wildlife here still is. However, the island takes a lot of patience because it us dirty, the dirty water comes over from Manado, and I spend a whole snorkel tour to collect the plastic at the harbour-side. Also the accommodations usually have no sweetwater-shower, which makes swimming uncomfortable. We spend here two days and left the island afterwards with a happy and a sad eye.

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed January 11, 2020

The best coral reef I have ssen in 30 years of diving. Plenty of tourtles and crystal clear water. 1 hour from the Airport

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed December 28, 2019 via mobile

Well the reviews of Bunaken are spot on ! What an awesome place , the coral is great for both scuba and snorkeling with plenty of accommodations ranging all prices . It has a real jungle feel when you walk around and the turtle population is thriving ! A good spot for couples, family’s or just the solo diver . I highly recommend this place for a diving holiday !!

Reviewed December 25, 2019 via mobile

We had a few dives there and thoroughly enjoyed the diversity in terrain, coral, and underwater life

The deep wall diving is particularly mesmerizing

Plz give this review a thumbs up

1  Thank CorruptedSanity