Bunaken Island Resort
Agoda.com
$72
$57
Agoda.com
The Village Bunaken(Bunaken Island)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsopen air showerfamily holidaynight snorkelconversation pitblack sea urchinsdolphin tourfishdolphins jumpingscuba divinglounge areacoral reefanother guestall sortsnice bungalowsspecial thankslong tablelow tide
Reviewed January 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at BIR last June for 5 days. Frank, Lucy, and the rest of the team were wonderful. The food was great and we loved getting to know the rest of the guests over dives and meals. I finished my PADI certification at the resort. Sven is an incredible instructor and dive guide -- I can't recommend him highly enough! The rest of the guides are fantastic as well, and made our 3 days of diving a wonderful experience. The diving itself is unbelievable. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brianna M
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Super Bagus!!! We booked for 11 nights and just before we left Singapore I started to kind of regret a little, with a girlfriend that don’t swim, and certainly don’t dive - 11 days - on a dive resort? Hrmmm, we must be crazy I thought. But I thought it was good I brought the kayak so we can paddle to civilization if we get desperate. BUT - it was absolutely fantastic - from start to end.

Location and accommodation is just fantastic - with the reef and drop off basically just a short swim from the beach. All staff (and i mean no exception) - are fantastic, friendly and very helpful - both at the resort and at the dive center. The same goes for Frank and Sven (wouldn’t dear not to mention them), so we were very well looked after. Breakfast was basic but good, and lunch and dinner was just great with local produce and fresh fish every day – and fruit. Bungalows are good and spacious, we stayed in the row closest to the beach and had breathtaking views – so just chilling on the balcony was great in itself. Snorkeling and a few dives had to be tried - so the balcony wasn't used all that much, but was nice to chill with a cold Bintang at the end of a hard day… And the girlfriend that didn’t swim? Well she still don’t – really – but with a floating vest on and drifting along - I could at times hardly get her back out of the water. So for those that don’t dive – at least join the dive boat and enjoy the snorkeling. And if you don’t swim that well – bring a floating vest along with the mask and snorkel (trust me, you will float) and stay close to those that can – it is truly magic with the reefs, coral and marine life in such pristine waters.

And the kayak – yup, it was used, but not as much as I thought it would be. But it was great to paddle around to the close islands and the village, even snorkel on the way (and I think the staff enjoyed it too with a few trips on their own)…

The civilization – as in Manado – is ok in terms of shopping for essential stuff like contact lenses (when you are so stupid you bring along the wrong ones) a broken dive mask etc. But for me – really, staying at Bunaken Island is far better… For the girls – and other shoppers - having the option to spend a little time in Manado is probably not a bad idea in order to keep the shopping skills up to date, and there are a few options. Local marked, Mega Mall and Manado City Square are some…

Due to the rainy season and the drift of the current – we did unfortunately have some days with a lot of rubbish floating in the sea. The staff at the resort did very well cleaning up the beach – and we would hope the ID government wakes up and strengthen education and facilities for rubbish disposal… Unfortunately there is a difference in a coconut shell ending up in the sea vs. a plastic bottle…

Thanks a lot to all the staff at the resort and all the staff at the dive center (and I must include Frank and Sven) but we also have to extend our gratitude to our fellow travelers. They all helped in making it a great holiday. We will most definitely try to come back sooner rather than later...

Kind regards from Rani & Arne

Room Tip: Bungalows in the front row closest to the beach is our recommendation. Wonderful views and nice to go to sleep with open doors and windows, just listening to the waves rolling on to the beach. And just chill out...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Arne C
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We really recommend to stay at Bunaken Island Resort. A warm welcome, wonderfull lodging, ecofriendly, great Indonesian kitchen and real hostmanship. Frank, Daya and Lucy are fantastic hosts: perfect service, customer made opportunities and humor. We weren't diving and still the place is very pleasant to stay. Especially the snorkelling was such a great experience and were lucky to snorkle with the turtles...a lovely stay surrounded by nature and more than perfect service.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Angelique T
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed for three nights at BIR in early November 2012, with my Indonesian wife and our 4 month old baby girl.
The room we had was spacious and comfortable, with fantastic ocean views and a great balcony for kicking back and relaxing. The restaurant set in the beautifully maintained gardens, served great home cooking, plentiful and delicious and the fridge was always stocked with a good supply of cold drinks. The resort is great for divers with the dive shop down on the beach, run very efficiently and professionally
I will definitely stay here on my next trip to Bunaken island and would recommend the resort to everyone. The prices in my opinion for the standard of accommodation and service is very reasonable indeed. The staff and owners Frank and his wife Daria are first rate and made us feel very welcome. This is a top place, to do some great diving and just chill out .

Room Tip: The rooms with ocean views are great
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MarkH294229
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We spent two nights at Bunaken Island Resort and we really had a great time over there. The setup of the resort is small scale which make you feel like you are at home away from home.

The diving and snorkelling facilities are good and we found them not too expensive. The dive guides have a very professional attitude and they pay attention to your needs.

The rooms are great ( we enjoyed one of the bungalows ) and the food is excellent. The prices of the drinks are not too expensive either.

If you plan a diving or snorkelling holiday around Bunaken I can really recommend this place.

Room Tip: If available try to book a bungalow. We had the one next to the dining courtyard ( #4 if I remember correctly ).
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends