All reviewsbudget roomfishgreat divingdive guidesuperior cottagewall divingthe cottagesfun divesdiving experiencecoral wallsstayed longerdays divingopen water coursedive centreboat crewdive coursebig thanks
Reviewed January 13, 2011

friends had recommended Two Fish Divers to me, and after some of my own initial research, it certainly seemed like the most affordable and also friendly option for my diving in Bunaken. Nigel was prompt and efficient in responding to my initial email requests for information. The journey to Bunaken ran extremely smoothly- from being met at the airport, driven to the boat and then the actual boat ride to the resort, there were no difficulties. The return journey was also organised efficiently and made the travelling part of the trip to Bunaken very smooth and easy.

It was easy to really feel like I was on holiday at Two Fish. In relation to diving, all of the equipment was set up and organised by the staff and DMs for every dive, leaving nothing to have to think or worry about except just the diving itself, which was extremely enjoyable. The staff made sure that each dive was arranged for different sites every day so that there was an opportunity to dive many of the sites on offer.

The accommodation was basic but functional and for the price, no complaints could be made. My only issue was with the food. As a vegetarian, I was accommodated for with a special plate, but I found the food a little oily and unhealthy. It is typical of Indonesian food to be fried, but after 4 days I was craving some fresh, steamed vegetables, fresh garden salad, nice unsweetend brown bread and fresh fruit and yoghurt- but this is probably just my own preference for light, healthy food more than a fault of the resort's kitchen which really did try and cater for everyone's needs and for a variety of food over the week.

The surrounds at Two Fish are very relaxing- there are hammocks to lie in during dive intervals, a nice beach to walk down and the small township is also close by for a stroll. The bar at night time became quite lively with some guitar playing singalongs with the local guides making for some great, fun evening entertainment. This may sometimes be a bit loud for some guests who are light sleepers, but it was not a problem for me and the evening parties are a memorable part of my trip at Two Fish, as I enjoy the opportunity to relax and meet with other divers over a few beers.

Overall, my diving experience was very positive. I had a really fun and relaxing holiday, I loved the diving, enjoyed the resort and the friendly resort staff went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and happy. I'd recommend and return to Two Fish again in the future.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 3, 2011

You have to go in Bunaken and Lembeh ! With Two Fish, you will have the best trip, for sure ! Good Food, good Dive, good sleep and last but not least, very nice people working for our pleasure ! Thank You to every Dive Master and the family who manage this hotel !!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank philgood_floyd
Reviewed December 27, 2010

A big THANK YOU! to the owners of Two Fish Divers, Tina and Nigel. Your place is so beautiful and friendly and you add the personal touch! We very much enjoyed our stay with you! Everything is so well organized and taken care off. The staff is very helpful and friendly and the diving is just amazing!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2010

We had such a good time at two fish, it was a wonderful experience for diving and the two fish staff is so nice ! we felt so priviledged cause we were in small groups and the dives were just amazing! The food was very good, Indonesian style and the cottage very nice !
I strongly recommend 2 fish for its good quality/price report and the staff so welcoming and professional !

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cellll
Reviewed December 19, 2010

After a number of recommendations to stay with Twofish from friends and other dive professionals, they certainly lived up to their reputation. Excellent facilities on both Bunaken and Lembeh resorts. The resort itself is a perfect getaway from the mainland and easily accessible. Transport to and from the resorts was smooth and easy. I was comfortable, felt very taken care of and loved the diving. The resort and dive staff were helpful, professional and friendly at all times with local staff speaking an excellent level of english. The restaurants cater to western and Indonesian diets offering an excellent choice of food.
The diving off both resorts is very different and offers divers a great variety from magnificent wall diving on Bunaken to a macro heaven on Lembeh - make sure you bring your underwater camera!! Thanks to Nigel and the team for a very memorable time. I would have stayed longer if I'd had the time. Great diving and fantastic value!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo