“Awesome place to get some diving experience :)”

Two Fish Divers Bunaken
Zurich, Switzerland
“Awesome place to get some diving experience :)”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stayed at Two Fish Bunaken for 5 days and had an amazing time! The staff was really friendly and helpful. The dives were absolutely amazing and the service was brilliant. The instructor chose great spots and helped me improve my skills. Every dive exceeded my expectations by far. The resort and the cottages are very clean and well looked after. Oh, and the food is really good too! For sure a place I would recommend and may return for another diving holiday.

Room Tip: Ask for all options available, the standard rooms are just as nice as the cottage.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Korean first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My cousin and I stayed at Two Fish for a week on a diving trip and loved it! In fact, my cousin, who has traveled extensively throughout Indonesia, Thailand and other parts of Asia as an instructor told me that two fish was her favorite place in the area. The resort is quiet and has a nice family and friends atmosphere where guests sit and chat during breakfast in the common area (very good at all meals by the way) and relax in the evening by the bar with drinks and snacks.

We stayed in a cottage which was nice and clean, comfortable and quiet. The only thing that could have made it better was an air conditioner but with the fans they provide in the rooms we were quite ok. (we knew they did not have air conditioning so this did not upset us in any way and they were up front with us about this). The bathroom was all tile and clean . . .as other guests have stated, the water pressure is a bit lower (but not bad at all and totally manageable) and the water has a slight bit of salt in it but they were very forthcoming about his too and we honestly hardly noticed the small amount of salt.

The food was good, the cook will make eggs any way you like in the morning and they have cereal and juice and fruit and toast in the a.m. Lunch and dinners were very good with fresh fish each day, good chicken and rice dishes too. Honestly we had no complaints about the meals at all.

The dive guides were AWESOME. We had John and he was one of the best guides we have ever dived with. Eyes like a hawk and very fun to chat with between dives. Also very patient as my cousin is a photographer and she sometimes stops for long periods to get shots she wants.

Here is a tip for the areas to dive in. ANY time you can go on the longer boat trip away from the main local dive sites do it. These dives offer WAY less people and other divers and is WELL WORTH the few extra Euro. Ask specifically for the barracuda dive - unreal!

One of my favorite parts of the resort was the lovely grounds, new pool, and the friendly atmosphere. we had lovely chats with the other guests and actually made quite a few new friends. The owners were amazing and treated everyone very well. I highly recommend Two Fish. They do not disappoint!

Room Tip: Splurge a bit a go with the private cottage. They are very clean and cozy! We stayed in one of the l...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ktlaclaire
Jakarta
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Could not expect more than what Two Fish gives us for a diving trip. the room is great, the staffs are SUPER Friendly from Top to Bottom. The best thing from Two Fish is the Diving Trip Management. Very neat, organized and the guides have "Zooming" eyes for Sea Creatures. They some kind of having radars in the deep. We visited their resort in Bunaken and Lembeh, next would be theirs in Lembongan, Bali. Spent 4 days in Bunaken and 5 days in Lembeh.

The service for problems also very fast. We had difficulty for the locking key of our room door, and they already repair it faster than I realized. Special Thanks to Dani and Bram from Two Fish Diver Lembeh :)

Foods are inclusive with the Package. No need to worry for the foods there since they cook very good foods. could not resist to skip any of the meals during our stay.

Coral and Wall dive is FANTASTIC here in Bunaken. The visibility is great, and the creatures are beautiful while swimming above the colorful corals. Sharks, Trevallies, and many more are waiting for you there :)

Overall, FIVE STARS for Two Fish Diver.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We've had been browsing a nice place to relax and to take our OW certificate that also a 5 star dive center around Bunaken... and finally, after many net browsing and emailing few places, our heart set out at Two Fish.

It was just as we expected and a bit more for the diving experience.

The cottage was clean on daily basis, the property was set for nice privacy and just loved seeing the sunset from the porch of our cottage. The diving experience was superb, our dive master is very helpful and nice since we were a bit worry of our inexperience in diving. The Bunaken underwater was very beautiful, with lots of colorful fish, anemone, and few turtles ... simply in love with it and very much look forward for some more.

We just had a mini-comment on the food variation. It was dominated by fish (obviously), and since I was not really keen on fish, well .... anyway, I still like other menus especially the spicy ones.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I've been to Two Fish Bunaken twice- the first time was last year to get my OW certification & the second time was just a few weeks ago for AOW. Both I took with Dion, the instructor there.

Both times I've had fantastic time. The dive center is professionally run with experienced instructors & guides, the cottages are nice & clean, the food is good & the people are very friendly & helpful. And needless to say, Bunaken & its surrounding areas have tons of great spots for diving with so many varieties of things to see.

It's a place I would definitely keep coming back to :)

• Stayed August 2013
Yangpu, Shanghai, China
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Two fishes at Bunaken island is a very good diving resort, professional yet not expensive. It is not a big resort. I guess it can only admit no more than fifty guests, so you may get to know all the travel fellows. We live in Bungalows, which are decorated, clean. The shower water is a little bit salty, but the drink water is fine. Three meals (buffet) per day are included in the price. Personally, I think the food is pretty good. It is good to stay in the resort for a whole day, but believe me, you will not, because the underwater world around Bunaken is just so fantastic. The staff and instructors are friendly and helpful. Local guide and experienced divers showed me the creatures I will never find by myself. I will come back again.

Room Tip: I have wifi signal in Bungalow 1.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Jakarta
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The resort is a lovely place with very friendly staff, clean small cottages and surrounded by a diving paradise. Common meals ensure fast contact to other guests and the staff does everything to make you feel good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple