All reviews budget room fish great diving dive sites superior cottage lembeh straits wall diving shared bathroom the cottages nice family dive group budget resort open water course coral walls fun dives my advanced open water diving experience
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed with Two Fish Divers Bunaken back in October and I don't think there is a place in the world where I have seen so much coral in such pristine condition. The resort was great and service was great. Tried out a rebreather here and that is something everybody should experience as you get to have a totally different interaction with the wildlife as you aren't making a lot of noise like you do with your open water scuba kit. Would highly recommend this resort.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed December 20, 2012

After completing our open water course with Two Fish a year ago, and a bit more experience in the meantime in Bali, we returned for another fabulous holiday with a group of nine other friends in November 2012 - and if anything it was better than the first visit,

Liz and Nigel were fantastic at arranging a quite last minute booking for a large group, and helped us put together a logistically challenging group trip with incredible ease (and not only that, but when we got there, everything was exactly as agreed and arranged - which is a first for us in Indonesia and especially on Indonesian dive trips!). Transfers were all on time and comfortable.

The diving was spectacular (10 dives over three days, including a dusk dive for the mandarin fish, a thrilling night dive, and an amazing dawn dive - setting out before 5am and seeing the sunrise from the boat, then descending to see sharks, barracuda, etc. on their morning feed, with the sun then coming up above you... magical!)

The resort has changed and grown since a year ago. We loved the new swimming pool on our last afternoon (couldn't dive as we were flying the next day), and two of our friends really appreciated it for their learner dives. The accommodation was clean, comfortable, and outstanding value for money, particularly when thinking about the quality of the meals, which were roundly wonderful: tasty, healthy, tasty, plentiful, tasty, mixing local and western flavors, and, oh yes, did I mention very tasty?

The real highlight was the staff - the dive guides and the resort staff. The guides were ultimate professionals (and the gear was in immaculate condition), we couldn't have asked for better dive guides, and at all times felt safe and secure - and thrilled by the macro stuff they kept pointing out to us that we would never have seen otherwise!

[As an aside, this is in huge contrast to the experience of another group of friends of our who dived with another resort on the island, and whose experiences could best be described as 'cowboy' and 'shoddy', or even downright dangerous!]

As noted above, excellent food, and the beach bar in the evenings became a real communal hub with the genuine warmth and camaraderie of the staff. This was felt by all - singles, couples, and a family of four.

We completed our nitrox certification on this visit, and while we'll be diving again over the coming year, we are already thinking of going back to do our advanced course next year.

This is a dive resort (of the highest calibre!), which means if you just want a beach resort to sunbathe in, then you're not going to get what you want (although the pool loungers are just above the mangroves and the beach, and are wonderful for soaking up the sun between dives!). Also, if you want a full-on disco and clubbing place, you're probably in the wrong place (although again, the evenings we spent in the beach bar drinking cold Bintangs and Balinese wine, with the local staff playing music and singing were real highlights of the trip!).

If you want outstanding diving, with the best guides and equipment, in comfortable yet very affordable surroundings in a beautiful location, with great food, and something for all the family, then Two Fish is the place to be.

We're already looking forward to our third trip next year!

Room tip: All clean and comfortable. Bungalows are more characterful!
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Congolatics
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I was a solo traveler and stayed for 7 nights at Bunaken in November 2012. The room was clean and comfortable.The staff were very attentive and cheerfully assisted without being asked. I forgot to bring an electrical adaptor and Liz, the manager, loaned me a multi-plug model so I could re-charge my zillions of batteries (free of charge) for the entire stay.

I had a knowledgeable dive guide, Ron, who knew where to find just about anything I asked for, surprisingly for a 24 year old guy. I was in a "group" of two, for a few days, then Ron became my personal dive guide at no extra charge (serious photographer).

The food was very good and there was plenty of it. Meals are served in a large well-designed open air eco-friendly building on two long tables, encouraging guests to mingle. And that they did. Aside from the diving, which was awesome, my stay at Two Fish afforded the opportunity to meet people from around the world.

The bottom line is the staff at Two Fish aim to please, and it shows in every way. The diving is world class and the value can't be beat.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stayed here in Oct time ... a friendly good vibe dive centre ... lovely cottages and food ... and even a swimming pool ! The managers Liz and Brendon also run Shark Guardians NGO link here http://www.facebook.com/pages/Shark-Guardian/130275057051457

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed December 4, 2012

You need a diving getaway close to Manado (30 min from airport then 45 min by boat from Harbor) to reach top quality dive sites, you need to check TWO FISH BUNAKEN out.
We have been there FOUR times so far and the diving is simply amazing ! The crews are very nice and professional. The accommodation is very comfortable and the new pool gives it even more appeal. Price is right. So if you don't dive (poor you), just drink a Bintang by the pool !

Room tip: The deluxe cottages by the pool are the way to go !
  • Trip type: Traveled with family