Two Fish Divers Bunaken
$46
TripAdvisor
The Village Bunaken(Bunaken Island)
  • Restaurant
Siladen Resort & Spa(Siladen Island)
  • Pool
Onong Resort(Manado)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbudget roomfishgreat divingdive guidesuperior cottageshared bathroomwall divinglembeh straitsthe cottagesfun divesdiving experiencecoral wallsopen waterother guestsevery mealdive centreboat crew
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We spent 9 diving days in Bunaken before heading to Lembeh for 2 diving days. In hind sight I would have added more days in Lembeh because muck diving is way more interesting than it sounds. Bunaken is mostly wall diving which can get to be much of the same, except when new visitors come to the reef like the turtles and rays. It was however really rewarding to see such healthy reefs in terms of coral life, both soft and hard corals, and how areas previously destroyed by obvious signs of dynamite fishing have come back to life. There was also an abundance of small reef fish, but unfortunately only small numbers of the larger reef fish were seen. Snapper, trevely, groupers, jacks, etc, have not come back in the numbers you would expect in a protected marine reserve. In any case the local fishermen and the dive operators are doing the right thing and perhaps these species will come back in large numbers once the ecosystem is stablized.

The dive guides at Twofish Lembeh and Bunaken are very experienced and excellent at finding the most amazing creatures, and the smallest I've ever seen (actually in many cases my eye sight being as it is I didn't actually see these small creatures until I looked at my photo's on the computer screen!). Oh what a wonderful world there is underwater, so much that is as yet unknown to most people...how fortunate we divers are. Oh and the diving service was second to none, I don't think I lifted my tank once......very efficient, excellent service

The food was excellent and I must praise the cooks in both kitchens for creating lovely local dishes that were never boring, it can't be easy. The sambal in particular was a wonderful treat. I would recommend they make this available every meal for those who like the spice:)

Room Tip: go for the superior rooms if they are available. the small extra cost makes it worth while
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Two Fish is a very well run outfit, the diving is top rate and the facilities are great. The cottages are clean and well kept, with a cool balcony and hammock. The staff and management really go out of their way to make the holiday as hassle free as possible, and the transfer between Bunaken and Lembeh was really easy. Definitely recommend Two fish, and will be going back

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank 789david
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We had 7 days at Two fish Bunaken, we had a great time, room clean and spacious, food was really good. Staff are all really helpful and friendly. The diving was excellent. You get the same dive guide for your stay, thanks John for our amazing dive experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2012

It's been a while since i did my 10 days diving there, including my AOWD course. I enjoyed every bit of it. It was just a combination of great service, good diving, friendly staffs, attentive guides and some more plus values which I didn't find anywhere else.

The food was great, not the best you can expect, but the variety was good with fruits and salads always being served. I had some allergy and talked to the staffs in the kitchen about it, and they were very kindly cooking a special menu just for me.

The dive was nice, and the guide were very friendly. In the evening after the regular presentation from Brandon (which is really informative and interesting) I had some good talks, singing and jams session with the gangs, lol.

Even, Tina, the owner who can speak bahasa indonesia nicely, was very kind and caring. Planning to come back again very soon...

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I had the opportunity to perform 15 dives between July 2-6, 2012 at the Bunaken Marine Park in Indonesia. It was a very nice and exciting diving experience at this location. I stayed at Two Fishes (Lembeh Straits & Bunaken) which has a new location now at Bali. Besides diving at locations on the island of Bunaken, I also had dives at Montehege Island, Manado Tua Island, & Siladen Island. I met Brendon & Liz on our transport to Bunaken Island from Lembeh Straits. Brendon did a nice presentation, one evening, on saving sharks from extinction. This possible extinction episode for many species appears once again to be man made in origin and results from taking shark fins for food purposes while leaving the sharks unable to swim or survive very long in nature. I was very surprised by the magnitude of harvesting shark fins going on over the planet. I never tried shark fin soup but will not anyway. Hopefully as the day-to-day population becomes more aware and educated, the reduction of a possible extinction episode for any shark species can be reduced or totally eliminated. Besides Brendon’s ongoing research, he is also a tech diver. Bunaken has facilities for tech diving available. I wish I had taken the plunge to go at least Introduction to Tech. I realize you need more than just an introduction to tech but my interest would be to possibly do what it would take to see something I learned about in geology many years ago at the University. There is a fish in this geographic area at deeper than recreational depths that is called Coelacanth. These are pre-historic fishes once thought extinct. However, this is one area of the world where you can possibly still see one- not guaranteed but possible.
Returning to recreational scuba diving at Bunaken Marine Park. I had the opportunity to meet many teachers on vacation who also like scuba diving. I even had the pleasure of meeting a young person who has set the Guinness book of world records for the longest open saltwater scuba dive(Will Goodman). To name a few memorable sites to me include: At site 18 called Fuku (Bunaken), I believe we saw 2 living gigantic clams! I never observed clams this big in real nature. At Barracuda Point (Montehege Island), I observed some sharks and an eagle ray. At Buias (Montehege Island), I saw some small barracuda. At all the diving sites you saw many schools of fish all over. Every diving sites is wonderful.
The Two Fish staff at Bunaken were all friendly and many dove with me and Kirk at the various sites. The food was similar to what the local natives enjoy. You even have an opportunity to walk to villages on Bunaken Island. In all, this is a location to come and see repeatedly as you have time in this part of the world. I couldn’t believe how fast the time went by.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends